Elementary wiring question. Just want to make sure I have the right idea.

We all do.

Just one last bug in the system and that's trying to figure out why when we hook up the back 2 speakers, the whole system starts to sound really clippy...

I'm convinced it's the speaker, somehow...

The two back speakers arewire-swappable. In other words, they have a long enough lead, I can criss-cross them. The speaker on the left side works fine, but when I connect the right one, the whole system starts to clip at low volumes immidiately. So, I swapped the left speaker to the right terminals, it works fine. But, then I'll hook up the right speaker to the left terminals, the same thing happens. I also only connected just that back right speaker, and the front two do the clipping misbehavior.

Therefore, I'm convinced. That'll be my next thing is checking the speaker. he's gone home with 2 fronts and 1 back, but he's up and running now.

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

"Audio Implosion" & "SubSonic Guillotine" available anywhere digital music is sold!

2007 Ford Focus

(NOTE: My cousin's build I helped him with)

Pioneer H/U

(4) Absolute Dome Tweeters on A & C pillars

Scosche HD683A's in front doors

Fosgate R168x2's in rear doors

SoundQubed HDS312 in custom 2.57 Ft^3 @ 30Hz

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

119aH/850CCA Marine Deep Cycle batteries

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DWRhythm

Thats good, if anything just try some other speakers around the same impedance as the ones he has. Also make sure you arent mixing impedances, i found out my radio didnt like that when i used the radio to power my door speakers. I had my front doors at 4 ohms and my rear door was at 8 ohms and it sounded like total garbage like that until i continued replacing my rear door speakers to match the 4 ohm load.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Yea I keep an eye out on that.

I'm gonna get a volt/ohm test at the beginning of te month. Being disabled, and on avery little budget, I can't just go out and get stuf I wanna get, sometimes need... I have to save up to get even 40 dolar stuff.

WIsh I could get some kinda help and/or "hand-me-downs" but I expct nothing like that ecause it's a ough world, an not geting any easier.

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

"Audio Implosion" & "SubSonic Guillotine" available anywhere digital music is sold!

2007 Ford Focus

Pioneer H/U

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

Do you happen to have anything like a harbor freight near you? Thats where i got my first DMM from. It was $9.99 and it got the job done but it wasnt the best. If you want a good entry level one, i went to Home Depot and got one for $29.99 and i am still using it to this day. If it wasnt for my one i got from harbor freight being shorted out (thanks to my dad) i would give it to you as long as you paid shipping but it cant find any dc voltage levels. Everything else works on it but dc voltage so its pointless for car audio without dc to check all your voltage levels in the vehicle.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

yeah, I am goin to go to Home Depot and pick one up I'm sure. I'm also going to work on a build eventually, but that'll take time.

I may finally pick up a "good" sub. It'll be just a single 15, Kicker, but something better than my Q-Power. Any suggestions? I'm working with under 200 bucks.

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

2007 Ford Focus

Pioneer H/U

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

Not trying to start a war but there are better subs out there than kickers. Kickers are good but if you want one to last look elsewhere. And tbh, with kicker, you pay up the ass for something you could have gone somewhere else and paid a little more and gotten something 1000 times better. I would hit up DC Audio or Ascendant Audio. I have an AA SMD and the sub is expensive but i got a damn good deal on it and i love how it sounds and it can take power.

What kind of power are you planning to throw at the sub? What kind of vehicle is it going in? What is your final budget for the whole system? 200 bucks can be used in a second for a system, trust me. I spent a shit ton on my system. lol

Let me go ahead and give you a rundown of my situation.

I'm legally blind, therefore I cannot work in the jobforce. I'm TRYING to get some side work in as a car audio installer (Studying up heavily and such)/ oF course I have assistance if needed, but I'm, now, the brains of the operations.

My budget to pay all my bills and everything is less than 600/month. I just got a little extra in September so that's why I want to get a good sub to replace my current one, even if it's another 12, or possibly a 15.

The vehicle is a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer SUV (it belongs to the family). Basically what I'm trying to do is get something that can bang and use my vehicle as a "reference of my work" if this makes any sense.

My current setup is:

Sony Xplod CDX-F5710 deck (was in the car)

Sony Xplod XM-5022 250w amp (was in the car, but wired wrong until I got to it)

Q-Power 12" Silver Series "700Watt Max/4-Ohm" (about 300 RMS) sub.

homemade box.

I know the speakers in the doors are not stock, but can't remember the brand.

here's a video:

I have to upgrade one thing at a time, and that's why I want to drop into the sub. then I'll get a stronger amp, and go from there. But, I am trying to start off decent so I can have a "display of my work".

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

2007 Ford Focus

Pioneer H/U

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

One thing you could try and it would be a lot cheaper for you is to build a better box. Maybe instead of sealed perhaps a ported would be good for the sub. You can take a total garbage subwoofer and make it sound great in the perfect box. If anything i would PM Ram Designs on here and see what he says about making an enclosure for your current sub. If you would rather get a different woofer, maybe something like the kicker cvr or cvx would be good for you. I have owned both of those subs and they are pretty good subs. I wouldnt buy from a dealer or anything since they jack the prices up on them so damn much so i would look online for it. The kicker cvr is rated for 400w rms and the cvx is 750w rms. The cvr likes sealed boxes from what ive experienced but it isnt that much more power handling than your current sub. The cvx i had hated a sealed box, it loved the ported box it was in but they like to have room, around 2.5-3.5 cubic feet net is what i think they sound good in from me screwing with the cvx.

It would prob cost at most $50 to get some birch plywood or mdf at home depot/lowes and build a better box than to spend like $150-200 for a new sub only to have it choke since the box isnt working the sub at its peak performance. For the plywood you just need a truck large enough to carry one sheet of it home, a table saw (if you want to cut it the easy way, or a circular saw with a guide to cut straight), wood screws, wood glue, patience, and time.

yeah my box was built for this Q, it does hit monsterous, but I'm just ready for more juice, and I've been doing homework on what I am looking into some AA's or something like that.

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

2007 Ford Focus

Pioneer H/U

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge