Second Skin Audio

Hello,

I just received my order for the trunk pack of SS Damplifier Pro today and since we have the competition promo going on, i decided to get the pair of speaker tweakers just for the hell of it. I got them along with the trunk pack and the roller tool you sell. The Damp Pro seems like it is going to do a perfect job for my liftgate of my Envoy to eliminate the rattles and noise i get from it when the bass hits. I just have a question about the speaker tweaker pads. I understand you need to install them directly behind the door speaker but there will be a slight problem with this. My door speakers dont have anything behind them except for the door panel itself. The door panel that is there is just the outer part of the door that you can tap on from the exterior of the vehicle. This is about 1-2 inches from the speakers in the door. Will it be fine for me to glue those down on that part of the door? I need to do it there because its the only place i can really put them so it has a solid surface to mount onto.

If you can tell me if its fine to mount them on that part of my door i will go ahead and do it, or if you suggest i do something else like zip-tie them right behind the opening of which the door speaker is installed on. I dont know which would work best for these since i have never used them before and i want the best out of my system.

Thanks in advance and i am already happy with the look, feel, and the best is the smell of it. I have the entire trunk pack of Damp Pro sitting in my bedroom until i install it tomorrow (weather permitting of course) and it doesnt smell one bit. I am so glad it doesnt have any smell to it.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Yes that is exactly where and how you need to install them. Here are some pics of some other installs.

cardoor.jpg

paddriverdoor01.jpg

door3sm.jpg

day16-speakertweakerafter1.jpg

day16-speakertweakerafter2.jpg

S6300796.jpg

So get your Damp Pro on there and stick the Tweaker Pads behind the speakers and enjoy awesome sound!

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

CA (Cyanoacrylate) glue, aka super glue. The gel type works best. :good:

EDIT: You can use the spray adhesive, though I've had a few reports of the spray adhesive failing.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

usa_render4.png

Thanks guys, i appreciate the fast reply. I am going to try and install the SS Damp Pro tomorrow as well as the speaker tweaker pads as long as my dad is in better shape tomorrow, today he is getting really sick.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I hope your dad starts feeling better. And let us know how the install goes (pics are always appreciated ;)).

usa_render4.png

Thank you Jon, he feels a lot better today but he is still worn out a little but he looks better and more lively today than last night. I got the rear lift gate deadened with just one layer of ss-damp pro and it helped a great deal. It still rattles but the reason for that is that my liftgate along with the window move in and out a ton from the excursion of my woofer. I am not too worried about it, it doesnt sound like someone shaking soup cans together anymore :)

If only i didnt have college in another 2 weeks or id take the headliner out and put some deadner up there since that resonates so badly, it drives me nuts. Plus having the ability to limit the heat that enters my truck is always a plus.

I didnt take pics of my lift gate though because i had my hands tied pretty well with taking EVERYTHING off the gate (wiper motor, mini computer, wire harnesses, lock mechanisms, etc) along with checking in on my dad to make sure he was alright.

Next year though in the summer i plan to get to the roof of my truck, i have to get some more ss damp pro though, i only have like 5 sheets left from the trunk pack i believe. I used a sheet and a 3/4 of it on the lift gate so however many you get in a trunk pack is what i have left. Great product though, it doesnt stick to your hands much but it is like a magnet to metal, i love it. lol.

To be honest I can't smell anything with it. If I put my nose like 1/4 of a inch away from the rubber/tar or whatever it is that you use for the adhesive part, it just smells very faintly like a new tire. I had this baking in my truck almost all day before I installed it and it didn't smell the cabin up at all. It did make a big difference but if only my tailgate and window didn't flex so damn much id be all set but I can't do crap about that.