Phoenix Gold Australia's 12x 12" Elite's 24kw - 160.2dB @ 40Hz

Hi All,

This weekend we still got a bit of work done even though it was Grand Final Weekend and we has Daylight Savings!!

We tackled a bit more fibreglassing on the top box, and while that was going off we begain runing all the wires into the front doors...fun NOT!!!

For anyone that's tried getting speaker wires into the the door's they know that the Astra uses a pin based connector between the door and the A-Pillar. So what we had to do was dismantle both sides of the connector and drill out the non-used pins. From there we had to get the wires through the rubber grommets which is no easy task. The Astra has a grommet on the inner wall of the A-Pillar, another one on the outer wall of the A-Pillar and a third Grommet on the door itself!!!

So long story short, it took us the better part of the day to get all 7 wires run into each door (3pr of 16ga speaker wire plus one 16ga power wire for the LED's)

So now -- The PICS!!!

IMGP3265.jpg

IMGP3267.jpg

IMGP3268.jpg

IMGP3269.jpg

IMGP3270.jpg

IMGP3278.jpg

IMGP3280.jpg

IMGP3281.jpg

More during the week!

Cheers,

Scott

Hi All,

Quick Mid-Week update. While I've been at work Bec and Finn have been out in the garage working away on the Astra - Gotta Love It!!!

So the top and bottom boxes are now officially fibreglassed! All screw holes have also been bogged (bondo-ed) and just need a quick sand before the laminate goes on.

Bec and Finn also got out the 'Thicky Tape' and started masking up the B-Pillars getting the ready for glass once to box in sitting in it's final position.

Pics:

IMGP3283.jpg

IMGP3284.jpg

IMGP3285.jpg

IMGP3286.jpg

IMGP3287.jpg

IMGP3288.jpg

More this weekend!

Cheers,

Scott

this build rocks

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

love this build, keep the updates comming :)

how do them pheonix gold components sound ? they look real good

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

Hi All,

We're really pushing to make some noise by the middle of November and have the whole build done for early January.

Gem as for the Ti65CS's I have them in my daily driver (Honda Civic) and they do REALLY well. I'm running them off of a SD800.5 5ch at the moment and the 75w RMS gets them going quite nicely. There's a guy at work running them off of the Ti800.4 with 115w RMS into them and they are pretty much nuts! He runs them down to 63Hz and they love it.

As for the Ti69CX I'm honestly not sure as we haven't run them yet, but the Astra is scheduled to get around 8pr of them, so we'll see!!!

Tomorrow night is welding night for the framework for the middle enclosure. Then the weekend is all about the side and rear walls, maybe even a good start on the front wall and port!!!

Might have a complete box by Sunday night?

Cheers,

Scott

Archived