Second Skin Audio

Deciding between JL and RE?

Not nuthugging Ray (ok maybe a little) but I agree, go with the Ascendant Audio Havoc subs.

I think as far as output you may do well to do a single AA 12 over a pair of w3's. JL does have decent SQ, but is a bit overpriced for what they are. I have heard only one setup with those subs but they were surprisingly clean.

IMO JL Audio is well known for being well known. They were the shit back in the 90's but I think everyone else has eclipsed them in terms of quality for the price. And I know you didn't ask but I'm just throwing it out there... ported will be clearer than sealed at higher volumes.

(sealed>ported=sq)= :bull:

:drinks:

If you had ray design your box. I BET Ray could make it just as flat as a sealed box with alot more output.. maybe not as flat but still

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

two fully loaded FI Q's would be right around 550, 1000rms a piece and it's Fi's sound quality sub, i've never heard them in person but Fi is a very well recognized company soooo I'd give them a shot.

2 fully loaded q's are more like 1500rms a piece. and theyd be quite a bit more expensive. it cost me about 630 shipped to va so my guess is that it would be a bit more to australia

1996 Buick Lesabre Limited - 2 Fi Q 12's, 5ft^3 slot ported box tuned to 30hz, MMATS 3000.1, JL G4500, 5.25" Polk momo comps, cheap 6x9's (rear fill), Pioneer DEH-P8300UB, Knu wiring throughout, Big 3 all 1/0, stock alt, stock batt, Deka 8a31 in the trunk

---Now gone to the younger brother, and all the equipment is sitting in my garage.

96 Buick Lesabre Build Log

Not nuthugging Ray (ok maybe a little) but I agree, go with the Ascendant Audio Havoc subs.

I think as far as output you may do well to do a single AA 12 over a pair of w3's. JL does have decent SQ, but is a bit overpriced for what they are. I have heard only one setup with those subs but they were surprisingly clean.

IMO JL Audio is well known for being well known. They were the shit back in the 90's but I think everyone else has eclipsed them in terms of quality for the price. And I know you didn't ask but I'm just throwing it out there... ported will be clearer than sealed at higher volumes.

If you had ray design your box. I BET Ray could make it just as flat as a sealed box with alot more output.. maybe not as flat but still

ported can go flatter than sealed... sealed has a higher rolloff, generally speaking.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I would go with the RE out of your first two options I had a RE SXX 12 and loved it and it sounded great

Edited by slaughter

SOLD

2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab
2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

Yeah, I was planning on ported anyway, I'm not planning on building a comp setup, but I do like getting loud.

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

(2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock

*DOuble post, oh well*

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/117455-aa-mayhem-12-pair-d1/

Thoughts?

If I end up actually buying a 1kw RMS amp or more, I really have no idea how my battery and alt are going to perform. I believe the mid 2000's Lancer alts are rated at under 100amps, and the headlights even dim a little when playing loud music on OEM speakers, let alone the interior light.

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

(2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock

Between RE and JL. RE hands down in my opinion. The SX models are clean.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

RE<JL

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

RE<JL

this. RE today wasnt as quality as it was before. JL between the 2. but for other options, either DC(as everyone says), or if you find a motor(magnet) of 2 RE SE(first that were made before us amps bought them out), you can recone them with a 12in 12 spoke basket and get it reconed from psi, or even Fi. thats how i got my 2 Re MTs 18ins. lol 8)

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman