Sundown Audio

How Should I Install This Amp.

if he can't afford more than 4 ga then that'll be fine, put a 100 amp fuse underhood. as for the headunit. he probably has only front and rear outputs to that's a front left, front right, rear left and rear right. get two sets of rca's and run those from the headunit to all four inputs of the four channel amp, then take a shorter rca and run it from the output of the four channel amp to the input of the sub amp. good luck bro, it's easy as cake. just remember if you attempt to install the amps ......... disconnet the negative on the battery, run everything and hook the amps up, when you're done hook the negative on the underhood battery back up and you're good to go.

I mean he has 8 guage wire with a 30 amp fuse I don't see how he hasn't blew the fuse yet when his sub amp has two 30 amp fuses. I hope I can find a 100 amp fuse to fit in the location where the 30 amp one is. How do you think I should get power to his high amp just run some more 8 guage off of the sub amp to the high amp or try and get a distroblock for 8 gauge. With his headunit he has 2 outputs that has his rca's in it that go to the sub amp. So what I was thinking is hooking the rca into the high amp and then a short one to the sub amp.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Thats his headunit so you can look at the pictures of it and the back of it.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_8649_Kenwo...DC-MP435U.html#

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

I mean he has 8 guage wire with a 30 amp fuse I don't see how he hasn't blew the fuse yet when his sub amp has two 30 amp fuses. I hope I can find a 100 amp fuse to fit in the location where the 30 amp one is. How do you think I should get power to his high amp just run some more 8 guage off of the sub amp to the high amp or try and get a distroblock for 8 gauge. With his headunit he has 2 outputs that has his rca's in it that go to the sub amp. So what I was thinking is hooking the rca into the high amp and then a short one to the sub amp.

yeh are on track with hooking the rca(s) up to the h/u and running them to the 4 channel and from the four channel to the sub amp. now see if he can that power wire to 4ga and put a 100 amp fuse underhood and you'll be good to go. that 8 ga will cut it but you'll be cutting it close and probably slightly robbing your amp of a little juice (let's try and avoid that).

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Yeah, but I need to know how to get power to the high amp just run wire from the sub amp or get a distro block?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Yeah, but I need to know how to get power to the high amp just run wire from the sub amp or get a distro block?

yes get a distribution block and if you can get one with a 1/0 or 4 ga input and two or more outputs ...... that way if ya homie upgrades his power wire later on down the road the distribution block is still usable. good luck

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

get distro block that has 4 gauge in and 2-8 gauge out and have anl 150 amp fuse on the 4 gauge. then run the 8 gauge out to both amps you will be fine.

its best to do as dmanson stated as well as myself a few post back

Alright ill talk to him about it. I also have a question about the planet audio amp that he is going to use for highs how should i get signal to them cuase i don't know how much rca's too tell him to buy. Hell i may just tell him to get a shop todo it.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Alright ill talk to him about it. I also have a question about the planet audio amp that he is going to use for highs how should i get signal to them cuase i don't know how much rca's too tell him to buy. Hell i may just tell him to get a shop todo it.

well regardless he'll have to buy RCAs and then have to pay the shop to install everything ....... sort of sucks. he'll need either two sets of RCAs and one short one or you can get the RCAs (can't think of the proper name of them), ah yeh they are maded for four channel amps ........... get those and don't forget the one short RCA. he'd save money hooking it up with you or himself. but hey if you don't feel comfortable about it then let the shop do it.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.