Sundown Audio

How Should I Install This Amp.

Hey guys I have soem questions that need to be answered before I install an amp for my buddie. He has a power acoustik amp 540 max on his mtx audio 12 and he just got another amp probably different wattage but some brand that he wants to hook up to his highs. I have isntalled subwoofers amps before but not highs amps. I don't know yet if he has outputs on his amp or if he has anymore on the headunit, so I can run rca's for signal. Can I just run more whateva guage he has from the sub amp to the high amp so it gets power or what. Then how would I set up the gains.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

o.k if he only has one set of rca's run those to the mid/high amp and then there should be a pass thru on that amp you can run to the sub amp. And yes the same guage wire will be fine as long as its sufficient for the sub amp. Then you set the gains the same way as you normally would match them with the head units pro output voltage!

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Hey guys I have soem questions that need to be answered before I install an amp for my buddie. He has a power acoustik amp 540 max on his mtx audio 12 and he just got another amp probably different wattage but some brand that he wants to hook up to his highs. I have isntalled subwoofers amps before but not highs amps. I don't know yet if he has outputs on his amp or if he has anymore on the headunit, so I can run rca's for signal. Can I just run more whateva guage he has from the sub amp to the high amp so it gets power or what. Then how would I set up the gains.

i wouldn't run power wire from one amp to the other like that. it needs its own run from a distro block or from the battery back to the amp. with a seperate fuse. if something goes wrong (not saying it will) but if it does you wouldn't know where the problem lies if the amps are sharing the same fuse.

how big is the run of power wire for the subs amp?

what size fuse you have off the battery onto the power wire?

o.k if he only has one set of rca's run those to the mid/high amp and then there should be a pass thru on that amp you can run to the sub amp. And yes the same guage wire will be fine as long as its sufficient for the sub amp. Then you set the gains the same way as you normally would match them with the head units pro output voltage!

Ok Ill look at it when he gets back from this thing he at probably tomorrow or Mon. He wants me to install it for him before Thanksgiving and he siad he can get a shop to install it for him for 50 so I said since he my homeboi ill hook it up for like 30 35 bucks.

i wouldn't run power wire from one amp to the other like that. it needs its own run from a distro block or from the battery back to the amp. with a seperate fuse. if something goes wrong (not saying it will) but if it does you wouldn't know where the problem lies if the amps are sharing the same fuse.

how big is the run of power wire for the subs amp?

what size fuse you have off the battery onto the power wire?

I don't know what size it is I goign to have to take a look at it. I think he probably running 4 guage if so ill get a distro block that will have 1 4 gauge in and two 4 guages out so I can hook the amps back up. Ill check on the fuse too.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

I don't know what size it is I goign to have to take a look at it. I think he probably running 4 guage if so ill get a distro block that will have 1 4 gauge in and two 4 guages out so I can hook the amps back up. Ill check on the fuse too.

The best thing if you are going to have 2 runs of 4 gauge is to have 0/1 off the battery into a fused distro block, then have 2 runs of 4 gauge back to both amps.

The best thing if you are going to have 2 runs of 4 gauge is to have 0/1 off the battery into a fused distro block, then have 2 runs of 4 gauge back to both amps.

No i am saying if he has like 4 guage right now that I would get a distro block that has all 4 guage outputs and inputs where I would put the wire 4 guage from the batt into the block and out the block 4 guage to each amp.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

if the headunit only has 1 set of rca outputs and the amps dont have an output i would eather use a y adapter or use one of these http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=5795 n just take the wires from the headunit n plug em into it n then run rcas off it, stinger ones are good but u can find cheaper ones that do just about the same thing n they work good, ive used em in many cases and havent had a problem yet, hope that helps on ur rca problem, oh and u dont need 2 of em to run a 4ch if u have one, just plug a male to 2 female y adapter to it n then a female to 2 male y adapter from the 4ch amp n run it like a 2ch thats how ive always done it, or visa versa

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

if the headunit only has 1 set of rca outputs and the amps dont have an output i would eather use a y adapter or use one of these http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=5795 n just take the wires from the headunit n plug em into it n then run rcas off it, stinger ones are good but u can find cheaper ones that do just about the same thing n they work good, ive used em in many cases and havent had a problem yet, hope that helps on ur rca problem, oh and u dont need 2 of em to run a 4ch if u have one, just plug a male to 2 female y adapter to it n then a female to 2 male y adapter from the 4ch amp n run it like a 2ch thats how ive always done it, or visa versa

I don't think he wants to spend alot of money on this so well see what it looks like when I look.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Ight guys I went over to his house today and looked at his car. The amp he has that he wants to install for his highs is an Planet Audio PA2004 400W Mosef 2 ohm stable stereo 4 channel amp, it has a pair of line outs and then it has two pairs of inputs so 4 rca inputs and 2 rca outputs. His subwoofer amp is an Power Acoustik Area 51 540 max watts bridged at 4 ohms from his MTX audio 7500 12. I looked at his power wire thats hook into his sub amp and its like 8 gauge and the fuse at the battery is a whopping 30 amps LOL and the amp for the sub has two 30 amp fuses on it and the high amp he wants to install has 2 25 amp fuses on it. I mean I would like to install the amp to make some spare change, but this needs a pro I think. Well his headunit is a Kenwood KDC-MP435U and it has like outputs that are like a front and a rear but, I don't know if those are for rca's signal. I think when he can drive imma get him to pick me up and then we will take it to this shop I know and see what they would do and charge.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Ight guys I went over to his house today and looked at his car. The amp he has that he wants to install for his highs is an Planet Audio PA2004 400W Mosef 2 ohm stable stereo 4 channel amp, it has a pair of line outs and then it has two pairs of inputs so 4 rca inputs and 2 rca outputs. His subwoofer amp is an Power Acoustik Area 51 540 max watts bridged at 4 ohms from his MTX audio 7500 12. I looked at his power wire thats hook into his sub amp and its like 8 gauge and the fuse at the battery is a whopping 30 amps LOL and the amp for the sub has two 30 amp fuses on it and the high amp he wants to install has 2 25 amp fuses on it. I mean I would like to install the amp to make some spare change, but this needs a pro I think. Well his headunit is a Kenwood KDC-MP435U and it has like outputs that are like a front and a rear but, I don't know if those are for rca's signal. I think when he can drive imma get him to pick me up and then we will take it to this shop I know and see what they would do and charge.

if he can't afford more than 4 ga then that'll be fine, put a 100 amp fuse underhood. as for the headunit. he probably has only front and rear outputs to that's a front left, front right, rear left and rear right. get two sets of rca's and run those from the headunit to all four inputs of the four channel amp, then take a shorter rca and run it from the output of the four channel amp to the input of the sub amp. good luck bro, it's easy as cake. just remember if you attempt to install the amps ......... disconnet the negative on the battery, run everything and hook the amps up, when you're done hook the negative on the underhood battery back up and you're good to go.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module