48 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose

• 06 cobalt ss/sc
    • mazda rx8
    • 02 trd celica gts
    • 03 trd celica gts
    • 04 neon srt

FORD found on road dead

FORD as in Henry Ford, creator of the mass production assembly line allowing many more auto makers & jobs to be created...

oh ya, & THE LAST AMERICAN AUTO MAKER... ;).

the rear doors on the rx8 would be a big plus for installing audio IMO.

i didnt know a 5.7 0-60 time for the rx8 is slow... :shrug: . its a 2cyl that keeps up with v8 mustangs & camaros & still gets mid 20mpg...

where are the cylinders??? its a rotary engine :nea:

Im still reasearching as to why neons suck lol and he said te rx8 is salvaged because of theft recovery how would i know forsure? Colbalt is still looking sexy!

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Im still reasearching as to why neons suck lol and he said te rx8 is salvaged because of theft recovery how would i know forsure? Colbalt is still looking sexy!

im in mechanic classes and my teacher says he fixes more dodge transmissions than any other not to say they are neon ones but just sayin. im a chevy guy my oppinion may be a lil one sided but from what i have learned chevys are easier and cheaper to fix than like any other brand. and i to have raced a srt4 and they are fast as hell. but never raced a cobalt ss so i really can't compare

Theft recovery shouldn't be too bad. Different insurance companies have different tolerances for what considers a car totaled or salvage worthy. The car, likely, is worth less than a NON- salvaged counterpart. I also would be sure that he's telling the truth before you make an investment. And the reasoni say it's LIKELY worth less, is because some states don't pay too much attention to salvage titles in association to value. States like IL allow you to "clean" a title as a "prior" salvage. Values don't dip too much on a car that has been cleaned back up title wise. I'm pretty die hard chevy, so my opinion is a little swayed. I WILL say this though, my dad drives an LS1 C5 Corvette and he drove the 6 speed Cobalt SS and he HATES imports. He was genuinely impressed with the handling and performance. I was very surprised that he enjoyed the car at all.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I am really biased. i will admit that. I LOVE cobalts. I drive one myself, BUT.... the SC cobalt is not going to perform like you are hoping. If it was a TC 08-10 then i'd be all for it...but the supercharged cobalts are just NOT on par with other FWD like the Srt-4s....with that said....i hate my FWD car. Of all the SRTs we have built, and all of the STI's and EVOs... they can't even compete. AWD>RWD>FWD. But, that's just my opinion. i voted for the RX8

^^^ understanable but remeber my old celica was an automatic with 140hp and i thought it was okay quick. So anything above im in for i know the cobalt isnt super fast but im not in it for a super fast car as long as i get good mpg an its reliable then im in. I asked for the VIN # and he hasnt responded for two i think he was lying if it really is theft auto i might take a chance if not ill look at other rx8s and if i cant find one ill go with the cobalt ss/sc thanks for tue input guys learned alot from this batch of cars :)

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

17" gold bbs

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Also found this RX8? Looks like a clean title...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2552813679.html

Build Log

17" gold bbs

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

^^^ understanable but remeber my old celica was an automatic with 140hp and i thought it was okay quick. So anything above im in for i know the cobalt isnt super fast but im not in it for a super fast car as long as i get good mpg an its reliable then im in. I asked for the VIN # and he hasnt responded for two i think he was lying if it really is theft auto i might take a chance if not ill look at other rx8s and if i cant find one ill go with the cobalt ss/sc thanks for tue input guys learned alot from this batch of cars :)

Yea i suppose you would be pretty used to the FWD thing, but i guess i figured you were a little more into the performance upgrade you would be getting... And once you break 250 HP... you also break loose the front tires....ALOT ;)

I will REVISE my previous statment, and HIGHLY recommend the cobalt SS. They are really great cars. They have a great interior, tons of features (bluetooth, on-star etc..) they are decently quick, and they look great IMO. But like i said, i hate FWD power...and if you ever DO start upgrading the SC...which is pretty easy to do with widely available kits... you are going to start running into the issues i face with traction and torque steer. But as it stands, the SS is a really fantastic car.

^^^ sounds good bro bexause of the whole salvaged title im going for the SS thanks everyone for the input :) ill kepp searching for more rx8s and try to get one if possible :P

Build Log

17" gold bbs

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Archived