Second Skin Audio

HELP - Subs not loud

Hobbs155

you didn't say what car you borrowed the 15inch sub from out of.

That was a honda civic.

honda civic is always going to be louder than a big car.

I completely disagree. Look at ray doing a 152-153 with 2 mayhem 12s in a suburban IIRC. The size box he has for those things wouldnt fit in the trunk of a civic. So your logic is not correct.

You have too many power cables hooked up :ehh:

:pardon:

Still having the same problem?

lol i ran out of clear cable for the second ground so i just used red for now, so i have two 12V and 2GND a remote and a + and - speaker cable.

Since i changed my amps and been messing around the problem seems to be worse, but i'm wondering if i dont try and put a 4" by 14.17" port in each chamber and see what it sounds like?

HU: Alpine CDA-9886 with Imprint Module

Fronts: Alpine SPR-60C

Rears: Alpine SPR-60

Amps: Alpine PDX4.150 and ICE Power 20000D

Subs: 1 x 15" Rockford T2D215

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

No you only have 2.99 sq in of port per cu ft . You need between 9-12 sq in of port. Youll prob need 3-4 ports. Ill put your dimensions in torres when i get home in a min. Im mobile rite now

I'm with you on this.

If i have more than one port per chamber will it mean the ports will be shorter?

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

No you only have 2.99 sq in of port per cu ft . You need between 9-12 sq in of port. Youll prob need 3-4 ports. Ill put your dimensions in torres when i get home in a min. Im mobile rite now

I'm with you on this.

If i have more than one port per chamber will it mean the ports will be shorter?

If you are wanting to stay at a certain freq. then I believe if you add another port, your port(s) lengths will change.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Another question, they are dual 4ohm subs, so with two i should be able to get them down to 1ohm, there is only one terminal on the back of the box so how would be the best way to do this, when i did do it, it seemed to come out as 2ohms even with two subs connected.

There is a + and - from each sub going to the same terminal. and then i just made little jumper cables and joined + and + and - and - on the back of each sub, does that make any senese? lol

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

what would be the best frequency to tune to for nice lows and still have a bit of decent highs, i'm not doing any comps, so i dont want it to be loud on only on a burp.

Kinda like rattle the door panels on the higher notes and flex on the lower notes. My old Pioneer subs did that soooo well.

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Like this, then the two wires coming off, plug into the terminal on the box...or drill a hole, run the wire thru it and seal the hole up.

So I want to take the + and - from the one sub to the other and then to the terminals? Rather than my current setup where they both go the terminals from the subs.

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

Archived