Big 3 Setup

Ok so right now i have the big 3 already with the stock alt. its fused with a 150a fuse from alt to battery. When i upgrade my alt to a h/o should i use a higher fuse rating from alt to battery? Also i will be installing a second battery in the cargo area and the batteries wont be the same type and i will be using an isolator for that application.

You say its fused w/ a 150amp fuse? What made you decide to do that? I dont nkow what kind of vehicle you have so the 150 might be alright, but you want to make the fuse the same size as the alt. So if your stock alt is 150amp, then yeah a 150amp fuse is what you want. When you upgrade to a bigger alternator, assuming your H/O alt is more than 150 amp, your going to want a matching fuse.

When you add the second batt, your also going to want a inline fuse between the two batt pos.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

You say its fused w/ a 150amp fuse? What made you decide to do that? I dont nkow what kind of vehicle you have so the 150 might be alright, but you want to make the fuse the same size as the alt. So if your stock alt is 150amp, then yeah a 150amp fuse is what you want. When you upgrade to a bigger alternator, assuming your H/O alt is more than 150 amp, your going to want a matching fuse.

When you add the second batt, your also going to want a inline fuse between the two batt pos.

Fuse is to protect the wire, CCA 0 gauge I fuse at 250A and OFC 0 gauge I fuse at 300A.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

ok so the alt i am looking at getting is either a mike singer or the mechman at around 270a and i am currently using kicker ofc 0ga

and if i inline the 2 batteries together wouldnt there be a problem with that cuz one is a diehard gold (starter) and the yellow set in the rear not hooked up yet. the yellow top is temp till i get the xs power. i got yellow top new for $50. so could beat buying it

Archived