DC Sound Lab

Thinking of going down the path of DC (first system)

So, after plenty of people telling me on here all the wonders of DC Audio, I have come to a conclusion.

I am seriously considering one of their subs for my first setup, to go into my first car :)

So, I drive a 2004 Aus Lancer ES CH, with stock everything except the JVC KD-R626 I recently installed and some 17" rims, and I'm looking to get some bass towards the end of the year.

I'm thinking one 12" DC XL is all I will need. No idea on amps, as I don't know much about the prices of the DC amps, except the 2.0k is around $300-400? (really no clue on that one, esp because DC don't like their prices anywhere public).

I know the 2011 prices of DC subs due to some random on Yahoo answers posting them up when someone asked.

Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there.

I do have a problem though. The alternator and power supply. As I said, everything is stock, so I really don't know how things will play out with what I think is an 85 or 95 amp alternator and 1 battery.

So, I'm considering another battery from audiosavings.com, but of course, will need an alt upgrade to handle the pressure of a powerful system and 2 batteries. So does anyone know how much one of those would set me back? And how many amps a new one would need to be?

I have a total budget of around $1,500, which includes sub, box, wiring, amp, and a $150 battery (maybe more) from a/savings, and probs the alternator. Might be able to up it a little with a $300+ pressie for christmas.

Any suggestions appreciated! I'll probably buy a cheap vented box to begin with before getting a proper one built and tuned.

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

(2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock

Go to Mechman's website for alternator and XS Power battery.

Do not use a prefab box. Please. Even if it's temporary. Save the money to do it right the first time.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Go to Mechman's website for alternator and XS Power battery.

Do not use a prefab box. Please. Even if it's temporary. Save the money to do it right the first time.

Hah ok, fair enough. I have heard plenty of pre-fab boxes which sound either midly decent, or don't even put out much bass at all.

Only problem is I'd need to find someone in Australia who can build a decent enclosure, for a decent price, along with a $550 alternator and $200-300 battery. Then there's the amp and sub, even though I could probably run a cheap amp for the time being.

Do mechman ship to Australia? I'm sure if they do it won't be cheap, then I'd have to get everything installed, because I sure as hell don't know how to drop a new alt in my car :P

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

Installing an alternator should be the least of your worries. It's cake.

As for shipping to Australia, email Matt from mechman. If he can't, you can try DC Power.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Installing an alternator should be the least of your worries. It's cake.

As for shipping to Australia, email Matt from mechman. If he can't, you can try DC Power.

Ok thanks man.

Would you suggest completely replacing my current alt with a new 220amp one? Or buying the 105 or 110 or whatever it was and using that ontop of the OEM one? I'm really a noob when it comes down to some of this stuff.

Would you suggest a T-Line box? Also, The sub would have to face the rear or upwards, as my rear seats are fixed :\

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4