Second Skin Audio

2 audio que 10s help

but if i put them to 1 ohm wont that be to much power to the subs because the aq amp says 1000 watts at 1 ohm and the subs are only 250 rms each

Dude, you will be fine. Unless your clipping. Set your gain at halfway, i highly doubt it would induce clipping at half way. Or get someone with an oscope to set your gains. They could take double power but in your case i will not recommend it, so set your gains on the amp conservatively. Why not roll with everything AQ?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

but if i put them to 1 ohm wont that be to much power to the subs because the aq amp says 1000 watts at 1 ohm and the subs are only 250 rms each

Dude, you will be fine. Unless your clipping. Set your gain at halfway, i highly doubt it would induce clipping at half way. Or get someone with an oscope to set your gains. They could take double power but in your case i will not recommend it, so set your gains on the amp conservatively. Why not roll with everything AQ?

This is bad advice. It is stupid to suggest "set your gains around half way," ESPECIALLY since nobody knows the headunit you have.

Invest in a DD1. You can spend the $200 now, or in a couple months when you start killing equipment.

And that's regardless of whether or not you get the AQ or the Kenwood.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Why is half way bad advice? I told him unless their is someone with an oscope set it halfway. Please clarify me slow.? Are u worried about him having an alpine and clippin at 20?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

Why is half way bad advice? I told him unless their is someone with an oscope set it halfway. Please clarify me slow.? Are u worried about him having an alpine and clippin at 20?

Gain is there to match output voltage. Not to be set at a percentage.

The gain on my amplfier is no where near halfway. My dad's gains not at halfway. Both were set with the DD1.

I have 5v preouts. My dad has 4v. Do you know what voltage his are? Or the range the amplifier has? Without that information, you can't even begin to make an educated guess as to what percentage the gain should be set. Even then, you would still be guessing. Does the deck output a clean signal? Does the deck even output the voltage it advertises? Does it output more?

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

To be 100% i would have to be there. No other way. But taking an educated guess i would say halfway. Why just seems to be a good number, i havnt seen a decent amp clip before halfway yet during testing unless eq on hu wasnt flat. Why do you think i said find someone with an oscope? Just for reference my amp clips at about 5/8 gain on stock alt, 1 agm under the hood and just a big 3 with 5v running via rcas to the amp and this is with a lil over 2500rms so i figured he'd be fine with 750rms setting it halfway till he got to an oscope, unless he had his hu all the way up along with the bass on hu.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

ok so the extra 50 dollars is worth it for the aq amp but then i have to wire the subs to 2 ohms so the amp can put out 500 watts right

imo Yes, its worth the extra 50$. Why not get dual 4ohm subs so you can wire at 1ohm. Keep the gain on the amp low and find someone with an oscope/dd-1 and you'll be fine. My advice is to get a good box design from AQ and build it or have someone help you or do it for you.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's