ok guys Saturday was a normal day, My mom was out with the kids, I was sleeping, my step dad was down stairs with my aunt. Well my mom comes home and 5 minutes later i get a call to come down stairs my step dad fell, I proceed to go downstairs and help him up. When my mom told him to move his left foot he said "i am" with that and his slurred speech i just knew he had had a stroke. We call a ambulance and they came picked him up and took him to the hospital. Late sat night/early sun morning they had done a procedure to remove the clot but his WHOLE left side of his body is still paralyzed.

This whole situation kind of sucks, I am a high school dropout, i was really wanting to get back into school and start looking for a job. Now i am not sure what to do, On one hand i feel like a piece of shit low life for not having a job and living at home with my parents at the age of 19, Yet i KNOW that me cleaning up around the house and taking my little bros to and from school and helping with homework is a big help to my family.

sorry just had to get a bit off my chest.

what are his chances of recovery?

sorry to hear this. My mother-in-law went through this a few years ago...took her about a month to regain body control. she's mostly normal now, but has he moments.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

there not saying just yet but im assuming slim, when they went to remove the clot the doc said they couldnt remove all of it. juat gotta wait and see i guess.