Second Skin Audio

4th order walk through?

Freshman6969

so since my rebuild is coming up within the next couple of months, i started searching around for some crazy things to do, and what really caught my eye was some of the 4th order walk throughs, i think thats what its called, subs face each other, space in the middle, then two ported chambers, with ports along the back walll, thats really the best i can explain it(i guess kinda like hanks truck, the 48 10's), is something like this hard to accomplish? from the time frame im looking at i only have about 4 days in school to get this done, possibly a little more

i just think it looks sick, and not something you see in a jeep everyday :D

my current equipment for now is...

4x DC level 4 15's

1x DC 3.5k

2x XS D2400's

im trying to move a shit ton of air ;), but also try and break a 150 at the least, if it does less oh well

i do plan to add another 3.5k in the future when funds are avail. which brings me to my next question, would i have to modifiy the enclosure in any way when i add more power?

if anyone feels like im being to vauge on what im asking or saying just say something, im not to keen on enclosures or 4th orders for that matter, but thats what im going to school for, and thats why im asking here :)

thanks for any help guys

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Isn't that a 6th order of some kind?

thats kidna why i asked, im not really sure of which it is, nor of the diffrence honestly

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

4th has a sealed side, and a ported side

6th has a ported side to a ported side

8th has 2 ported sides, to a ported side, or some shit like that

137th has a series/parallel/parallel/series/paralleled box tuned to 98hz making it be able to achieve 203.12 db at 28hz

sorry... that last part was something i seen bigpimpin write somewhere earlier lol

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

oh yeah

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes.asp

good read up on there

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

4th has a sealed side, and a ported side

6th has a ported side to a ported side

8th has 2 ported sides, to a ported side, or some shit like that

137th has a series/parallel/parallel/series/paralleled box tuned to 98hz making it be able to achieve 203.12 db at 28hz

sorry... that last part was something i seen bigpimpin write somewhere earlier lol

lmfao thanks der, still confused, but now i see the diffrence

idk i was scrolling the builds section and i saw a 4th or a 6th order i was like......I WANT IT! was in a land rover? 4 runner? something like that idr, but it just looked sweet

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Archived