Sonic Electronix

So I already know that my car has better low output with a door open or with windows open. My question is, When I play some songs with higher bass along with low, when i play low notes, not to much woofer movement, yet when I hit a higher note, the subs surround wrinkles and even on some songs I hit the maximum xmax. My HU max is 35, I normaly go to 30, and barely ever over, although some songs I can. If I play On my level at 31 when the high notes hit, I can hear the VC smacking the bottom of the magnet, but for Trunk Bang by Durrough, I can play it hat 33 and no problem, it's loud as shit. The other thing If I drive and play trunk bang at 33 my subs start to smell yet when I sit still I can play it like that for a long time no problem. Also driving while playing that song at 33 is with windows down so I can get low end output.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Huh? gain isn't a volume knob lol, my gain is set properly with a oscope. I am definalty not clipping because I have played it for days straight for hours on end, and no problems at all with the volumes I said here.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I don't get what you mean by go over the volume my amp is gained at, I am not clipping though, I know that. If I was clipping my subs would be blown already, yet they are the same as when I got them day 1.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

You set the HU at a volume and then gain the amp right? The way you were describing it you had gained the amp at volume 30 and then on some songs you like to go like 2-3 clicks above that. Or are you clip free at 35/35?

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Your HU goes to 35. Playing at 33 is probably clipping. You clearly forgot to check it with an oscope because clipping starts at the beginning of the spectrum. From your source. Starts with CD player/ipod => Headunit => Linedriver/EQ/processor => amps. Amps arent the only thing that causes clipping, but most thing that is where it is derived. Check your HU with an oscope and never go over X volume or you'll be clipping. As for low notes & your subs not moving as much, what is your subsonic set to?

I don't have access to a Oscope anymore, and only scoped the amp, there is no Subsonic filter on my amp, and I only have 2 songs that I cannot hit which are a slowed version on on my level and sugga cooker by DC yung hot. Every other song I can hit. Can anyone explain the why when I play high notes I get crazy high ass excursion, I am afraid that when I put my new amp in it is going to blow the shit out of my subs when higher notes hit.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

smelling sound when driving around is your voltage dropping and the signal is clipping. You fuel pump/injectors/ignition, etc... are drawing more current and your electrical can't keep up.

Try shrinking down your port area some and see if that helps. Some scraps of wood or whatever. I've seen this same issue with RD subs a while back and that helped the problem.

You need to hit up some local shows. Sept 11th there's one in Elgin I'll be at...