Second Skin Audio

how do you no if your subs are able to work at 1 ohm

I have 5 svc 4Ohm subs...

Wired to 2 ohms.

Do they all get the same amount of power?

You have an odd number so if it's 2ohms you did something wrong.

I would guess you broke them out into 2 sets each set at 8ohm then those together for 4ohm and then those four against the one that was left for 2ohm final.

It should be wired to .8

You guessed correctly. So my final ohm load is not 2 ohms? My amp is stable down to 2 ohms.

Use a DMM. Or know what coil config your subs are and how they are wired. Parallel cuts impedance in half, series doubles impedance. 2 4 ohm SVC subs can be wired to 2 or 8 ohms.

Actually with series you add the resistances in the circuit and with parallel you add the reciprocal of the resistances and then take the reciprocal of the sum. It just so happens that typically you are using multiples of 2 of the same coil and coincidentally it doubles or is cut in half. You could actually wire a bunch of different coils together, in the same circuit, that have different impedances and it would work, not well but it would. Hypothetically if you had 4 coils (1 ohm,2 ohm,3 ohm, and 4 ohm) wired them all in parallel, you would have a total resistance of .48 ohm nominally. Now take the same coils and wire them in series, you would have 10 ohms. You would also think that each coils in these configurations would get equal power... THINK AGAIN. The power that each coil gets would be directly related to their impedance.

Why the fuck would someone out of the gate who's confused need to know that? That's what you call giving too much information. Confusing confused peoples not te way to go, it's called giving a simple retort to simplify a complicated situation. Not someone who wants to show they know something. Thanks for the useless information noone asked fore.

Use a DMM. Or know what coil config your subs are and how they are wired. Parallel cuts impedance in half, series doubles impedance. 2 4 ohm SVC subs can be wired to 2 or 8 ohms.

Actually with series you add the resistances in the circuit and with parallel you add the reciprocal of the resistances and then take the reciprocal of the sum. It just so happens that typically you are using multiples of 2 of the same coil and coincidentally it doubles or is cut in half. You could actually wire a bunch of different coils together, in the same circuit, that have different impedances and it would work, not well but it would. Hypothetically if you had 4 coils (1 ohm,2 ohm,3 ohm, and 4 ohm) wired them all in parallel, you would have a total resistance of .48 ohm nominally. Now take the same coils and wire them in series, you would have 10 ohms. You would also think that each coils in these configurations would get equal power... THINK AGAIN. The power that each coil gets would be directly related to their impedance.

Why the fuck would someone out of the gate who's confused need to know that? That's what you call giving too much information. Confusing confused peoples not te way to go, it's called giving a simple retort to simplify a complicated situation. Not someone who wants to show they know something. Thanks for the useless information noone asked fore.

Actually I was correcting the reply somebody gave to that person because it was false information. And if your read the original post, he doesn't give enough info. Such as how many subs, what kind..... AND I wasn't trying to show people that I "know everything", because I don't and nor do I act like it. I was simply trying to pass on the information to other people on this forum who might have the same question or one that is related. I figured seeing that the person I quoted didn't give proper information, I would respectfully correct them. THAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A FORUM!!! To get a lot of people together by a central medium, so they can share information and debate . So I'm sorry, that me actually knowing what I was talking about might have offended you. Have a wonderful day :)

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.