Second Skin Audio

2 SDC2.5-15-D4s in 8ftcu net

I am Poncho

okay so in a few days(monday to be exact) i will be receiving my 2 15s. they are going into a chrysler lhs. i just want input on what you think of the design i came up with. its 18x38x34(hxwxd) i will be moding my car to make this thing fit. <_< probably have to remove ALL the seats just to get it in and set it in place but thats part of the fun. port(s) either 2 "16x3x29"(on ends of box) or one big "16x6x29"(middle of box (hxwxd), still dont know which i should do. i was planing on the subs sharing the same chamber and i will add supports generously. im currently sketching the box up seeing how i made modifications since the last rendering..

2sdc15.jpg

thats if i did outside, and yes i would need to support the back piece with something?

port in the middle. i think i like this better for how it will be installed, seeing how my seats dont fold and i have the little middle of the seat opening in the rear seats and all you'll see is port.

sdc15fvougybpin.jpg

Id go for the single port imo. Your firing them towardss your backseats and the dont fold? Btw thats a deep ass box for a trunk, I thought mine was at 26" deep. lol

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

yea that was my plan. i have 2 10s in a way smaller box atm firing that way sounds awesome. i plan on mounting the box like 5in fromt the top of the box from the beat of the seat to allow proper air movement. should work :shrug:

and yea i have about 40+ to mess with deep from the back of the seats to the box of the trunk. B)

Damn, that car has alot of trunk space. And i thought my trunk was rather large.:)

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

I'd do the single port. Just throw a single vertical and horizontal dowel in each chamber for bracing, and it'll be quite solid.

alright ram, i was thinking about doing that, now i will. should i build out the corners in the back so there arent any 90s? how should i stiffen the back sheet? if i have room i was thinking a few 2x4s?

edit: something like this...

sdc15xcvu.jpg

Archived