Sonic Electronix

Alright guys I need some advice. Ill be throwing in a FI 18 running on an AQ 3500 soon into my 02 Blazer. And to go along with that one of my tweeters on my dash went out. I guess in the xtremes they come stock with bose systems, and dont actually have 4x6 in the dash, so anywho, i need to replace them none the less. Not to worried about buying door/back panel speakers quite yet.

So my question is what are some decent speakers for a decent price. Remind you these will prolly only need to put out highs and mids. Bass isnt an issue. So let me know what you would buy for under $75, or a little over.

I was thinking about either doing Apline Type S, Kicker, RF, or if i wanna watch my bank account get drained i might just buy the infinity kappas.

So let me know what you think.

*Also if anyone knows, what does the stock bose amp run at, 2 or 4 ohm?

Edited by xxBeaudsxx

How much power are you running to them? Are the remaining speakers the stock ones? With 3500 on a sub you need some decent power going to your highs so you do not drown them out completely imho. So are you planning on upgrading in the future all or starting on replacing and adding to until all are replaced?

Edited by photochrisb931

Barstad

i kinda want to get these just cause they look badass lol http://www.bossaudio.com/main/1314 plus you can get these off ebay for around $25 their not the best but they work. and also you dont necessarily need to give mids and highs a shittone of power all you have to do is turn the treble up a lil bit

i kinda want to get these just cause they look badass lol http://www.bossaudio.com/main/1314 plus you can get these off ebay for around $25 their not the best but they work. and also you dont necessarily need to give mids and highs a shittone of power all you have to do is turn the treble up a lil bit

...what. you're suggesting speakers because they "look cool" what the hell ever happened to form follows function? also, you do need a shit ton of power to overcome the 4kw of power coming from that amp. its not solved just by "turning the treble up"

...what. you're suggesting speakers because they "look cool" what the hell ever happened to form follows function? also, you do need a shit ton of power to overcome the 4kw of power coming from that amp. its not solved just by "turning the treble up"

it was meant to be a joke.

I personally would not waste my money on those boss is not known for any type of sq plus you have a nice sub and amp why insult them by putting that in there. If you want to go on the cheap you could pick up a pair of clarion srg's that would sound much better i think for around 35. I ran the srq's in a temporary set up and had great sq for what they were. In your original post you mentioned rockford I would give the t series a go I have ran power series highs in the past and they were pretty good no where near Hertz Focal or Rainbow put solid and better than the clarions i mentioned and leaps in front of Boss.

Barstad

i have had a set of the alpine type s and i liked them sounded good handled power and worked great for 4 years with no issue and i have heard the new type r with neo mag's and they will be heard they are much louder and are still clear but they are a little more money of course http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WWNSMO/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000NVBNVG&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0Z5729CF0R15M6JWX509

Build in progress

Alpine CDEHD-138BT

Alpine SPX-17PRO 2x

Alpine SWS-15d2 2x

Alpine PDX-V9 2x

Alpine PDX-M12

Stinger SPC5050

Stinger 1/0ga and 4ga

Audioquest interconnects and Speaker wire

Dynomat 10455 mega bulk pak

Dynomat 1/8 and 1/4 liner

All that in a Reg cab truck and it wont be a blow though