XS Power

This is marine related ;)

I'll be honest, I've never once thought about swapping out any of the batteries in my boat (bank of 4) for AGM. The main reason being that most of us isolate a battery when we are sitting around out in a cove or whatever partying it up (running TV, stereo, fridge, sat receiver, gps, ship to shore, etc) and run the batteries down to nothing on a regular basis. They are however always on a charger when docked (obviously I would need to switch chargers as well). Is this the kind of abuse you have designed them to take?

I know doing this isn't technicall "good" for them, but that is what you do on a boat (most marine batteries are made with that in mind) and the current batts on the boat are around 6 years old and are still fine (they will need to be replaced soon I'm sure). I just want to be sure that this is really what you have designed them for. Also I would assume that while you don't want these under a hood, them being a foot away from 2 350's that are water cooled isn't an issue (the batts are near the motor(s) on most boats).

YES, they are designed for exactly this type of use and with them being AGM sealed batteries you do not have to worry about them leaking and causing damage to the boat hull.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg