Box Design For 4 L7 15's

i would port on the side...although that will probably make one side louder than the other, but that is what you want in competitions. using your max dimensions again for the wall and i assumed the whole box will be double 3/4"mdf all the way around.

port: 36h x 9w (324sq"...or 13"/cube) 11"long

net volume 25cubes (im sure it will be less after bracing...so maybe make your port a little longer than 11" to compensate for a smaller enclosure after bracing)

tuning: 34hz

Youve helped out BIG time man....I just wanted to ask you one more fave could you Bust that design so i could get a good idea how it would look...with the port on the top of the box.....If you wouldnt mind.Just askin if no can no can
TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

yea...i just did some rough number crunching. first off..they say you wanna keep your port ratio under 9 for no port noise (that is... say, if your port is 2"wide, then the max height you would want is 9*2..or 18")...so with an internal height of 36" and assuming the subs stacked on top of each other is 30.5", then that only leaves 5.5" for a port opening, but .75" off that for wood...so 4.75" for a port opening....multiply that by 9 to figure the max width and you get a port that is 4.75" x 42.75"...which is about 100sq" less than what it should be...so i dont think port on top is gonna work..

i likes me some audio stuff...

how about this...port it right in the middle and make it the height of the box...so 36" tall and 9" wide (that gives you 324sq" of port area..or about 14"/cube) make it 18" deep and that will give you an enclosure 23.214cubes (5.8/sub) with a tuning of 33.8hz...how does that sound...plenty of port, plenty of box, and it still looks symetrical with the port being in the middle..

i likes me some audio stuff...

how about this...port it right in the middle and make it the height of the box...so 36" tall and 9" wide (that gives you 324sq" of port area..or about 14"/cube) make it 18" deep and that will give you an enclosure 23.214cubes (5.8/sub) with a tuning of 33.8hz...how does that sound...plenty of port, plenty of box, and it still looks symetrical with the port being in the middle..

With the seat up wont that effect the port????Just wonderin?
TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

Archived