Box Design For 4 L7 15's

I just joined the site and I wanted to know if anyone could help me design a box for my new system :blush: .I have a 1995 Two door Hoe and I HAD 2 L7 15's in there before and figured Id bump the number up to 4 Dual 2OHM. I'm Runnin Two Team RF X.7 amps to the subs. I know that the subs require about 6 cubes each aand I wanted em to be ported.I dont know If I wanted to try a design like meades or just wall the Bitch.But the main thing is I wanted to keep my rear seat :excl:.I have My Ho all torn apart and Im rewiring and adding an extra Battery(Prob.Kinetik)

Please Help I'm Stuck at this point and I dont know which route to take!

Heres a pic of the HOE Stripped

Alohas!

Posted Image

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

Just give us the space (room for your enclosure) you have or want to work within and we will deffinately hook it up!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Welcome to the forum smoke. 4 15" L7 will pound really hard. Kicker states that the L7 needs a max. air space of 6 cubes. Given your dimensions, you have about 22 cubes to play with. That will work, but it will be louder if you wall it for sure.

If you can decide whether or not you want to wall it, we can help. I had one 15" L7 in a Vitara with 6 cubes net air space tuned to 30 Hertz and it punished that car. It was really loud for one 15. Personally, I think you should wall it.

wall it at 22 cubes and 35 hz.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

using your max dimensions as outer dimensions here is what i come up with.

subs up, port back.

box outer dimensions are the dimensions you gave

port: 7"h x 30"w X 20"long (gives u 210sq" of port area)

net volume after subs and port displacement: 15.6cubes (3.9/sub)

tuning: 33.7hz

i likes me some audio stuff...

If I wall where would I put the ports? On the Sides? And also would it just be One chamber or split it off to two?I know that it would take a shitload of bracing and time,But the truck is in sittin in storage right now.It isnt my daily driver.I have a friend that'll help me out with buildin the box,He a carpenter by trade,I Just need the specs because there is no way I'm gonna put all that time and effort into wallin this bitch if it dont Pound hard and sound good for daily use.....The ports are what worry me the most because when it comes to tuning that shit I'm lost in the dark......Hence the reason i joined this forum.To expand my knowledge.

So yes.

I'll WALL it

Please Help

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

i would port on the side...although that will probably make one side louder than the other, but that is what you want in competitions. using your max dimensions again for the wall and i assumed the whole box will be double 3/4"mdf all the way around.

port: 36h x 9w (324sq"...or 13"/cube) 11"long

net volume 25cubes (im sure it will be less after bracing...so maybe make your port a little longer than 11" to compensate for a smaller enclosure after bracing)

tuning: 34hz

i likes me some audio stuff...

Archived