Second Skin Audio

Box Design Request

Thewes

So I am in a somewhat large predicament. The only audio place around me is pretty much not trust worthy regarding their knowledge, so I don't trust them designing or building me a box. So what I would like to do is have someone with higher knowledge than me and the shop design me a box for my 2 15'' Fi BL's. I am willing to pay for whatever service, or even if you just have an old design laying around for the same subs. Granted, the space I am working with is not a problem. I have a Yukon with the 3rd row out so plenty of room for that matter. I can provide specific measurements, etc. Here are the sub specs so you don't have to look them up.

2.8-4 cubic feet @ 28-37Hz.

12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume.

And regarding size again, I've heard different things. From the shop, I heard size does not matter at all which I was pretty hesitant of, because for the most part I have heard that going the highest recommended amount of cubes will be louder. Appreciate replies and help, even if its recommending me to a site that does this specific thing.

teamsundown-1.jpg

how does this sound?

internal dimensions: 18"h x 35"w x 25"d

external dimensions: 19.5" x 36.5"w x 26.5"d

port: 5"h x 18"w x 20"d (gives you 90sq"...which is 12"/cube)

net volume: 7.46cubes

tuning: 34.18hz

oh yea...subs up, port back

i likes me some audio stuff...

So I am in a somewhat large predicament. The only audio place around me is pretty much not trust worthy regarding their knowledge, so I don't trust them designing or building me a box. So what I would like to do is have someone with higher knowledge than me and the shop design me a box for my 2 15'' Fi BL's. I am willing to pay for whatever service, or even if you just have an old design laying around for the same subs. Granted, the space I am working with is not a problem. I have a Yukon with the 3rd row out so plenty of room for that matter. I can provide specific measurements, etc. Here are the sub specs so you don't have to look them up.

2.8-4 cubic feet @ 28-37Hz.

12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume.

And regarding size again, I've heard different things. From the shop, I heard size does not matter at all which I was pretty hesitant of, because for the most part I have heard that going the highest recommended amount of cubes will be louder. Appreciate replies and help, even if its recommending me to a site that does this specific thing.

Hey if you REALLY want a box and money is not an issue just have Steve make it for ya =) hes kinda busy but hell hook ya up = )

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived