Sundown Audio

Old School MTX 4405 5 CH. amp

VIPmeetSPL

i have this ols school mtx amp its a 4405 5 ch. dad had it sitting around un used for about 6 years brand new. i got to take the plastic wrapping off and everything. i installed in my car and just yesterday all my door speakers went off. i keep my volume around 20 on an alpine cda-117. my pass still works but my door speakers gone. i turn it up higher to about 25 and i hear them cutting in and out but its extremely staticky. please help. thanks

try contacting db-r. IDK if they'll fix the amplifier, but they may. It can't hurt to find out, right?

I'm assuming you've tried different rcas, different headunit, etc.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

You could have blown a channel on your amp- buuuut:

You may need to pop open the back of your amp and clean your gain knobs (aka: potentiometers) with contact cleaner. I have some oooold MTX Road Thunder Amps that I had to do this with.

(video)

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?FTR=contact+cleaner&search_type=main&WebPage_ID=3&searchFilter=contact+cleaner&x=0&y=0

(parts express contact cleaners)

Do the speakers play at all?? Do they sound different / scratch when you turn the gain up and down? If so, then you probably need to check into cleaning the gain potentiometers with contact cleaner.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

You could have blown a channel on your amp- buuuut:

You may need to pop open the back of your amp and clean your gain knobs (aka: potentiometers) with contact cleaner. I have some oooold MTX Road Thunder Amps that I had to do this with.

(video)

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?FTR=contact+cleaner&search_type=main&WebPage_ID=3&searchFilter=contact+cleaner&x=0&y=0

(parts express contact cleaners)

Do the speakers play at all?? Do they sound different / scratch when you turn the gain up and down? If so, then you probably need to check into cleaning the gain potentiometers with contact cleaner.

Well it was playing fine and then just cut off I get. No sound ntil I tun it up to about 25 and then i hear it very lightly nd scratchy and it cuts off. But blown a channel?? All 4?? Just sounds like blown speakers when they're start giving the minimal sound b4 they stop for good but i connect a different speaker and it sounds the same

pics

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

Archived