Second Skin Audio

Enclosure In Civic Question

Boyd

Enclosure will be for a 2001 Honda Civic and mostly listen to rock or heavy metal, but occasionally rap or bass music but not much. I have always been a fan of sealed but was looking into going a little louder than anything I have built before so I'm gonna try out a ported box. Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on sub placement and port placement from experience with a car this size, I'm really interested in sealing off the trunk but not sure if that is the best option in this car or not. Thanks for any suggestions.

if the seats fold down which i think honda seats do. then sub front, port front and seal off the trunk. it'll sound real good. now im a noob too but thats what i've heard and read everywhere on this forum. so thats my 2 cents.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

my car is slightly larger than yours but i will give you my 2 cents.

yeah sealing the trunk off would be best, but it will also cost the most, and also how long will you have your car for? hard to do it right and not make things permenant, it is possible but how much are you willing to sink into it? and how much power were you planning to put in it?

you could always build a good quality ported box, faced away from cabin, port that way too, fiberglassed maybe if you want. but make sure that the box isnt too big or it could seal the trunk off and have the bass the wrong way and it will sound like shit. im not a professional but i love this shit :D

Power wise right now I'm looking at 2 12" on an AQ2200 or something close to that power still trying to figure which way to go with it. Money wise it doesn't matter to me this won't be a huge system just want to have a loud daily that I can have some fun with and still get my 3 kids in. Currently working on my electrical and designing different set ups of equipment but with companies like DC, DD, Fi, Sundown, AQ, RF, Hifonics, and a few others that would make plenty of noise to annoy my neighbors it's a bit hard to choose. But my image dynamics from the late 90's just aren't cutting it anymore even pulled one out and put an old phoenix gold XMAX in sounds decent but not loud to me. thank you agin for the advise.

Thanks that is what I was leaning toward.

Do it, it's been shown to have a increase UP TO 5db when the port faces the front. But it depends on the subwoofers and the enclosure, but it will be louder :D

Yeah maybe if it was a wall. I don't think I have ever seen someone in testing turn their box facing the front and gained at all. Subs back and port back.

Archived