Sonic Electronix

im wondering whats the best way to wire up my sub to my new amp. my friend traded me a kenwood kac9013d mono amp 1800 watts max 900rms@2 ohm 500rms@4 to my 15'' eclipse aluminum sub. right now i have 4 wires comin from the back of the sub going to the 2 + and 2- terminals in the amp. i technically only need 2 wires if i do series or parallel i think? so how would i wire it for a 2 ohm load?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

We need to know the ohm of the voice coils

dual 2 ohm

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

You could always get another one of them subs at dual 2 ohm coils, and series them to run at 2 ohms!

haha id love to but im gettin a truck soon so there wont be room for 2 15's .. heres why im confused tho, my old kenwood amp was 2ch and rated 460rms when bridged@4 ohms ... when i wired it this was i used to blow fuses every 5 minutes... literally... and i was told it was because i was giving it a 2 ohm load and my amp wasnt stable for that bridged so if thats not true why would my fuses blow like that?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

haha id love to but im gettin a truck soon so there wont be room for 2 15's .. heres why im confused tho, my old kenwood amp was 2ch and rated 460rms when bridged@4 ohms ... when i wired it this was i used to blow fuses every 5 minutes... literally... and i was told it was because i was giving it a 2 ohm load and my amp wasnt stable for that bridged so if thats not true why would my fuses blow like that?

Dude, I was told the same shit from CC. I was told that if you bridge a 4 ohm load it cuts it in half to 2 ohms... I soon found out that is bull shit. Anyways maybe the amp wasnt supposed to be bridged, or the sub was just pulling too much power out... Did you try to hook the sub up on one channel instead of bridged and did that fix the fuse problem?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Dude, I was told the same shit from CC. I was told that if you bridge a 4 ohm load it cuts it in half to 2 ohms... I soon found out that is bull shit. Anyways maybe the amp wasnt supposed to be bridged, or the sub was just pulling too much power out... Did you try to hook the sub up on one channel instead of bridged and did that fix the fuse problem?

yea but the sub wasnt bein pushed nearly as hard. the new amp i just got pushes it real hard with the way i got it wired now n the gain only halfway up i just didnt know if there was a better way for me to wire it to make it sound better or anything

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

yea but the sub wasnt bein pushed nearly as hard. the new amp i just got pushes it real hard with the way i got it wired now n the gain only halfway up i just didnt know if there was a better way for me to wire it to make it sound better or anything

4 ohms is it...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif