Second Skin Audio

Worlds "Largest" subwoofer (Most RMS watts)

Yeah the Z is a one tone sub.. Music would souns shit on it.. I bet the coils gap is tighter than a baby's A-hole lol.. And that neo motor is HUGE.. With loadsss of force in there. Magneticly wise, the Xxx is a baby compared to it.. But eith a price tag of 2k.. Ouch

FALSE

I have personally heard 4 Z 15's on 8 Sundown 3500's and they sound pretty damn good imo!

(Only 4 3500's in this vid though)

true story broooooooo LOL u shidded on um with that vid twisted

Vid not available on mobile ghey

tumblr_ljctmxpT8t1qcinr2o1_500.jpg

I just laugh my ass off at people that dont own them and prob never heard one that think it sounds like shit.

It is a great woofer.

Its all i would run in every single one of my cars if i could afford it.

Damn right bro!

Yeah the Z is a one tone sub.. Music would souns shit on it.. I bet the coils gap is tighter than a baby's A-hole lol.. And that neo motor is HUGE.. With loadsss of force in there. Magneticly wise, the Xxx is a baby compared to it.. But eith a price tag of 2k.. Ouch

FALSE

I have personally heard 4 Z 15's on 8 Sundown 3500's and they sound pretty damn good imo!

(Only 4 3500's in this vid though)

yup! i remember hearing this truck at the frys show it sounded awesome! :drinks:

Fuck yeah!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

"omg sub has a tight gap, must sound like shit"

noooooobs :/

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I remember when DD first put out the 99Zs. I can remember only three different builds across all the forums I'm on. They had loads of problems with daily, but every time a sub blew or failed DD would take them back free of charge and rebuild them a little better or send out an improved recone. Probably the only sub ever that I can think of that was still being innovated post release. Sadly, I haven't seen another DDZ build come along since. I'm sure by now they are the best on the market, and of course like all DD you can tailor them to what you plan to do with them. I would probably say the DDZ is the highest RMS yet practical sub on the market.

Whatever happened to the DDZ build that was on this site? Remember the guy with the Lunar amps that was always battling some part of his system? It was a sweet build too.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

OHH NO IT DON'T SOUND PERFECT

have a fucking windge cunt. want sq? buy a sq sub. want a sub take huge power on music and score well? buy the DDZ

sometimes you just have to think about it. loud ass sub = not best sound. best sounding sub = not the loudest single sub in the world.

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

My post was based only on what i read on this forum,

Saw a few post a few month ago regarding the Z, never heard one nore do i thing ill ever get the chance to. But im sure there are more musical subs out there with similar power handeling for daliy drivers, like the SMD.

None the less not dissing the Z at all, its a masterpiece of design, a proven conxept. I like the motor, alot! :)

Edit: and to be clear i never said it cant play music, but you can find othere drivers for a lot less that will sound better, numbers on the TL aint evrything. By looking at the design of the Z, with high motor force, very good cooling for the coil, a tight gap, and who knows how many spiders, its pretty obviouse the Z was designed for SPL, dosnt mean it cant plsy music. I guess next time ill leave my opinion out. No need to bash, we all here to learn from others.

when say 1 note sub..i think we all gonna assume. but i wont argue it prob isnt the best sounding sub.

and sometimes numbers are everything. i compete and wanna try build 1 of aus top bass racers. of course im concerned with the tl score idc how shit it sounds. if it moves ton of air and makes your ears feel like it been raped. my job done :drink40:

not haveing a go at you. but yep i can see your point if i wanted loud and sound nice id prob go the SMD or something similar. if want score on the tl and being loud as fark. then obvious DDZ gonna do the job..

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Z's hands down for pure spl. Im just saying, with a sub like this in a burp box, it wont sound that great on music IMO, box has a crusial role in performance and sound. And I THINK Z's perform best for that application

Smd yes would be a better choise for a groundpounder. I for instance dont car about numbers to much on my own build, as long as i can get low and loud enough to my liking, im happy.

And regarding the bashing, its not towards you, its in general, there are ways to say thing, if someone said something false or idk what, correct them in a nice way, make them feel welcome, some of us are begginers, noobs, some are pro's and experts.

So if anyone dissagrees with me or wants to correct me, say it in a nice calm way, dont throw it at me or bust my balls for it. We all make mistakes, i am man enough to stand up and say "hey, i was wrong. i had no proof behind my comment". Thats it. Have a nice day to all the smd members.

true. but any sub in a burp box sounds shit on music. altho my dc sounds suprinsgly good for a 55hz box that is about a cube big lol chokeing the lvl 6

burp setup for fun 152's

Archived