What tools to get?!

ok so my dad made me a deal that he would buy me some tools if i would clean the garage (we live on a farm and my dad wasnt really into having a clean garage so stuff just built up everywhere) anyways.

What are some of the main tools i need for car audio/box buildine/fiberglass fabrication.

I am for sure gonna get a power sander for the fiber glass box im making.

a drill

a router

a DMM

and a DD-1 if my dad doesnt cut me off after those first 4 things lol

what else would be nice to have around? besides the obvious things like wire strippers n little things like that.

EDIT: i have a stringer volt meter in my car so i dont need one

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

table saw

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

Do you have any basic hand tools, like sockets,ratchets, screwdrivers.... Also i would invest in a jigsaw and a circular saw. Did your dad give you a budget of how much you can spend? Also a good set of battery cable cutters to cut into some 1/0g. The set i have cut through like butter. Soldering iron would also be a good investment.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

table saw

ehh kinda outa the price range for sure. ill get one in the future though.

for a router what kind of bit would i need to make circles for flush mounting subs into a fiber glass box?

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Good tools can be CRAZY expensive and they add up fast. Thats why I love hand-me-downs. I don't car if my grandpa's jig saw is 25 years old, it still cuts wood!! Haha. I have gotten a bunch of stuff like sanders, clamps, and grinders from him.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

The router i bought was kinda expensive, and the bits are too. As far as making circles, a jasper jig is the way too go. Ive heard of making your own jig, but the jasper is just easy to use. Take a look at steves video when he is making the towers and it will show you how to make flush mount circles. The bit he is using I believe is a spiral upcut bit.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3