Second Skin Audio

overpowering my subwoofer?

im asking will i be able to run 2.5k to my sub instead of just 2k if i get another amp, and run them at a lower rms. this would make the signal clean with no clipping, keeping everything cool. basically do you think my sub can handle 2.5k

How do you know your getting 2k already? I dont think there will be a big audible diff. Between 2k and 2.5k

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

im asking will i be able to run 2.5k to my sub instead of just 2k if i get another amp, and run them at a lower rms. this would make the signal clean with no clipping, keeping everything cool. basically do you think my sub can handle 2.5k

How do you know your getting 2k already? I dont think there will be a big audible diff. Between 2k and 2.5k

dmm bro. ohms law

Ohm's law doesn't quite work for subwoofer/amplifier applications.... the impedance changes depending on the frequency you are sitting at... you can try to use the formula "(V^2)/R" but find a frequency that has your impedance at an average amount when you test the voltage

Those of you who are risking your relationships need to grow up. Bass can't make you sandwhiches.

You clearly haven't tossed lunch meat, cheese, and bread in your port yet. Makes a hell of a bologna sandwich salad. Jiggles the balls pretty good too.

If i ain't learning, I ain't living.

Steve blocked me on YT... I think i irritated him a few years ago.... LOL sorry man

I don't have any serious builds goin on... currently i have an Interfire IF-2400b pushing 2 Alphasonic PSW610J's...

I'm broke and i don't want my son deaf before he's 2 haha

Just because your amp doesn't get hot don't mean you aren clipping.

Just because you set your gain with a DMM doesn't mean you aren't clipping.

The only way to know if you're clipping is with an oscope so you can see the wave being produced.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg