Second Skin Audio

Experienced No Wall Box Builders Please Enter

BigPimpin91

That's funny as hell! I've never seen that before I was literally laughing out loud.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Could you explain F3 to me?

I always thought that was your tuning frequency?

Me too! :popcorn:

http://tinyurl.com/6g6ljj4

http://tinyurl.com/dz9pet

So because you can't do a 20 second Google search, I'm an asshole.

lol ok guy.

It was meant to be funny, don't take it as an insult. :)

Pimpim, with a 39 hz tuning that you have right now, playing such a low frequency it´s bottoming out your subs since you are playing below f3 , if you want to join the 50´s club with your current equipment i suggest you to stop playing your damn music wich is too low and loud for your box lol.

Anyways, i would change those little ports and just use a couple of 8" or a single 12" maybe, flares should add you at least 1.5 dbs too, if you are thinking doubling the power, i would use something like 7.5-8 cubic feet and 125-135 SQ of port with a 40-42 hz tuning, that should raise your score a little bit, you can always use a longer tubes for daily and shorter for reaching your goal. Lastly, are you sure subs up/port back it´s the best configuration for your bronco? try finding someone at termpro that has tried that truck before, maybe subs up/port side should get you louder, you never know :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Pimpim, with a 39 hz tuning that you have right now, playing such a low frequency it´s bottoming out your subs since you are playing below f3 , if you want to join the 50´s club with your current equipment i suggest you to stop playing your damn music wich is too low and loud for your box lol.

I think you missed the first few posts. The video is with the boxed tuned to 28hz. Notice how the move more ABOVE tuning. My music is just fine, thank you. LoL

Anyways, i would change those little ports and just use a couple of 8" or a single 12" maybe, flares should add you at least 1.5 dbs too, if you are thinking doubling the power, i would use something like 7.5-8 cubic feet and 125-135 SQ of port with a 40-42 hz tuning, that should raise your score a little bit, you can always use a longer tubes for daily and shorter for reaching your goal. Lastly, are you sure subs up/port back it´s the best configuration for your bronco? try finding someone at termpro that has tried that truck before, maybe subs up/port side should get you louder, you never know :drinks:

This is not a common competition vehicle here in the states, too much glass and a fiberglass tailgate kind of hinder the score a little bit.

If it's similar to an explorer, I see people have good results with subs up port to drivers side.

Gonna be doing a sketchup for a new design shortly.

Would love to have somebody critique it.

• 2 weeks later...

4th orders are great. i was just shy of 150 @39hz with 2 12"s. one of my teammates has a single 15" doing 135 @10hz

TEAM BUILT FOR DECIBELS

s10 blazer

subs:2 Addictive Audio

amp:Addictive Audio 500.1

batts:Vital Power vp1500(front), vp2000(rear)

Archived