Sonic Electronix

Thought DC's had woven leads?

I've got the 10" Level 3's with the level 4 upgrade, but they still have the stitched leads and are rated at 1000w rms... I've over powered them and pushed 1200w and 1400w to them just to see if they could take it, and they handled it with no problems. And now I'm sitting back down at about 1000w per sub... Only because I need a bigger amp lol

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I don't see how you over powered them on that amplifier? it does 1600rms right? those do like 1kw each. On my end my amp does close to 2kw and overpowering is easy. Do your subs get warma fter a bit? not hot but warm mine do but they dont smell at all.

mine doesnt even have stiched leads... its just w ire from terminal to the cone... its not stiched every 2 inches or so like most subs is this normal? ugh..

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 1.2K

DC Level 3's 15"

Kicker IX350.4

Kicker DS650's

Kicker Tweeters

KnuConceptz

Big III

Kenetik 2400

Kenetik 1200

Ported Box @ 34hz (6.2cft)

Mine are stitched the exact same way. But I gave them that power running each sub on a separate amp wired at 1ohm.... Now I'm running my bxi1610 at .5ohm... Have yet to clamp it, but now that you mention it, I'm probably running around 850-900w rms to them.

And the only time they got a little warm was when I was trying to match the output power of the separate amp setup. I was blasting the hell out of them for a few minutes.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

ive been slamming my level 3 12's that dont have stitched leads for about 2 years and ive never had a problem with them.

That's what I like to hear how much power do you give them daily? do they get warm ever? mine seem to get warm after about a half hour but barely and no smell... while my 18 got hella hot after 10 mins with lots of smell. I just wanna do this right i dont want shit breaking like with my 18.

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 1.2K

DC Level 3's 15"

Kicker IX350.4

Kicker DS650's

Kicker Tweeters

KnuConceptz

Big III

Kenetik 2400

Kenetik 1200

ive been slamming my level 3 12's that dont have stitched leads for about 2 years and ive never had a problem with them.

That's what I like to hear how much power do you give them daily? do they get warm ever? mine seem to get warm after about a half hour but barely and no smell... while my 18 got hella hot after 10 mins with lots of smell. I just wanna do this right i dont want shit breaking like with my 18.

ive gotten them warm on an audiopipe 1500 but thats cause i was clipping them. ever since ive had my aq1200, no problems.

hmm so they SHOULDNT get warm at all? or is it fine unless i smell something? even during break in they dont smell like new woofer or anything all i can spell is glue in the box.

by warm im talking like a little warmer than air never hot just warm... i dunno if i turn nit any lower it sounds quiet as hell i know gains not a volume knob but did i build my box wrong then? its 6cft @ 34hz with 15-16sq inches of port, figured thatd be perfect.

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 1.2K

DC Level 3's 15"

Kicker IX350.4

Kicker DS650's

Kicker Tweeters

KnuConceptz

Big III

Kenetik 2400

Kenetik 1200

hmm so they SHOULDNT get warm at all? or is it fine unless i smell something? even during break in they dont smell like new woofer or anything all i can spell is glue in the box.

i would say them getting warm with no smell is fine, but warm can only be taken to a certain extent till you run into danger of damaging them.

The yonly get warm when i turn them a little for demo's/hair tricks other than that they never get warm. I think i might have another go on my enclosure tune a little low maybe a little smaller or bigger ionno we'll see w/e im not worried.

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 1.2K

DC Level 3's 15"

Kicker IX350.4

Kicker DS650's

Kicker Tweeters

KnuConceptz

Big III

Kenetik 2400

Kenetik 1200

Archived