Sonic Electronix

Thought DC's had woven leads?

Considering dc does not sit on the shelfs of Best Buy, Frys, and such stores. It is word of mouth/internet which most will find out about them.

From that, if you are not smart enough to invest the time to ask questions and read provided information (considering the link on the dc website links

directly to the smd dc section). Then the fault falls on the buyers shoulders. I am sure all the sales reps, and those on location in Nevada are used to

one of two people, ones that have heard of dc, or ones that have no clue what they are because they do not sit on the shelfs at there local best buy.

Anytime you want to spend the money your worked your butt off to earn, or gained due to someone else working there butt off to earn... You need to check

twice what you are buying is what you need and ask the questions to make sure what you think you are getting is what you are getting even if it bruises

your ego to not have all the right answers to begin with.

This is my last little rant I promise-

There are many things that go into the given RMS rating of a woofer. As mentioned in this thread softparts can be upgraded to be stiffer and coils can sometimes be upgraded as well (little known fact, A level 5 coil will fit into a level 3 motor). All these things are important but most important is the motor configuration and gap geometry. That level 3 motor can only convert X amount of energy into acoustic energy and once that is reached then no more force can be generated. For example, with a level 3 motor you can put 800wrms to it and it will convert into more acoustic energy than with 600wrms. But, when 1500wrms is applied it MAY only convert the equivalent of 800wrms into acoustic energy because it has reached the motor saturation point.

The level 4 can convert more current into acoustic energy than the level 3 can, which is why it is 1000w not 600w. The level 5 is a 5 because the motor has so much potential that it can convert massive amounts of current into acoustic energy.

In short, my point is that A lvl 3 with stitched leads and an extra spider is not a lvl 4 and a lvl 4 with stiff spiders and a lvl 5 coil is NOT an XL.

meh.

/ rant

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Archived