Sundown Audio

Amp and sub

DK99

Ok so I have a 18" solo x dual 2ohm I have it wired to 1ohm but the amp I bought is 2600 watts at .5ohm is it a bad Idea to hook it up to the .5ohm would it hurt the amp or sub thanks in advance

the amp is a TX1.2600d from soundstream

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

ive edited my post three times, can you clean up what your trying to say, i cant understand if you mean wiring the sub to .5 or the amp being .5ohm rated and running a dual 2 sub to it.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

ive edited my post three times, can you clean up what your trying to say, i cant understand if you mean wiring the sub to .5 or the amp being .5ohm rated and running a dual 2 sub to it.

sorry Im new to car audio... the amp is 2600 watts at .5ohm and it has on the amps speaker terminals ]----.5----[ i would like to get the most power so is it safe to hook up my 1ohm sub to a .5ohm amp I think its called bridge

Edited by DK99

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

Dual 2 ohm can only be wired to 1 ohm and 4 ohms

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

I understand that what I was wondering is it safe to hook it up to the .5ohm bridge connections would it blow the amp or sub

I understand that what I was wondering is it safe to hook it up to the .5ohm bridge connections would it blow the amp or sub

besides the fact that its impossible for you to wire to half ohm with a single dual 2 ohm woofer, if you DO wire to half ohm, your woofer and amp wont blow if you watch your voltage and clipping.

besides the fact that its impossible for you to wire to half ohm with a single dual 2 ohm woofer, if you DO wire to half ohm, your woofer and amp wont blow if you watch your voltage and clipping.

Ok thanks. I know the sub could not be wired to .5 ohm just asking what would happen if I did connect the sub to the .5 on the amps speaker terminals....... my voltage stays up at 14v all the time

yes, its fine if you wire the sub to your amp at 1 ohm, it just wont put out the power it does at .5, but you wont be jeopardizing your equipment, its fine

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

Ok thanks. I know the sub could not be wired to .5 ohm just asking what would happen if I did connect the sub to the .5 on the amps speaker terminals....... my voltage stays up at 14v all the time

there is no special half ohm hookup on the amp. there are two pairs of speaker terminals to just make wiring multiple subwoofers easier. you can choose whichever + and whichever - you want and it will work the same.