Port Wars

audioaddiction863

I have a car that hits 146.1 and thats fine. It has a removeable port and what I want to know is what is the best design to get high spl in the port. I saw a guy at a show last weekend that had one 10 hitting low 40s in spl but hit a 162.1 in port wars. any help would be apreciated.

Its all about the Install !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioaddiction863

tripleA.jpg

Bass Race Florida State Champ runner up 139.9 2008

Bass Boxing Florida State Champ runner up Middleweight 2008

I had a "modified" CRX box with an Atomic AP-SPL12 running off of a Kicker KX1200.1 @ 0.7 ohms and did a 166.3 dB in 2005 in super Port wars (no globe).

Here's a box from a "mini" spl contestant that did a 166.6 dB:

Posted Image

But the key is a really small box, so the pressure is confined to a small space.

219682829.png

• 3 weeks later...

My boy Joe form Colorado did a world record and world champion run this weekend off one memphis m-class 12 in an enclosure built from 4 layers of 1" mdf the bottom was solid but the rest were just squares with the holes cut out. The sub was inverted and attatched to the top board. He took a 1" pvc pipe and fit it to the side of the "enclosure" and had about 4' of pipe sticking out. The mic connected directly to the "port" (pipe) and he burped it around 53hz for a reading of 182.2 I believe!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

thats fuckin awesome....i love when people take RC hummers and escalades and are hitting 160s with them and a 3 inch speaker. fuckin insane

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Guest Nismofreak

My boy Joe form Colorado did a world record and world champion run this weekend off one memphis m-class 12 in an enclosure built from 4 layers of 1" mdf the bottom was solid but the rest were just squares with the holes cut out. The sub was inverted and attatched to the top board. He took a 1" pvc pipe and fit it to the side of the "enclosure" and had about 4' of pipe sticking out. The mic connected directly to the "port" (pipe) and he burped it around 53hz for a reading of 182.2 I believe!

joe levado.......1993 mazda right?

that is my buddy to lol

joe levado.......1993 mazda right?

that is my buddy to lol

YOu damn right! Hell of a cool guy I helped him tear his blow thru out so he could put the "port" of the superport in thru the cab opening! He was parked 1 car down from me all weekend! Get him on here Nismo! We need more peeps like him around!

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Guest Nismofreak

YOu damn right! Hell of a cool guy I helped him tear his blow thru out so he could put the "port" of the superport in thru the cab opening! He was parked 1 car down from me all weekend! Get him on here Nismo! We need more peeps like him around!

will do...let me see if i can get a hold of him

he helped me out a bit....his mazda is a nice car...lol...he hit a 153.4 in co....

Let me see if I can reach him...

Yeah hes the one that knocked me into third for my port war! :lol:

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived