Keyless Entry on Manual locks

Ok guys i was talking to a friend about my alarm and told him that it had key-less entry but i couldn't use it. He then informed me that i could buy actuators that i could install with my alarm thus making the key-less entry work.

FYI it would be going in a s10 with manual locks

So i found these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14202_Omega-DS-2.1.html

I figured that it would make a nice complement to the viper 5701 i have been considering to buy.

My question is, Will these wire up to the alarm like he said they might.

They sure will....standard 2 wire actuator. If your alarm has onboard relays you're golden, if not then you will need to wire in relays......pretty simple really!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

From what I was told and what I understood, the actuators will make your lock (the little thing on the door) useless. The actuator will take that's place somewhere in your door and that with contol the lock and unlock. Thus turning your locks into somewhat power locks and make the keyless entry usable.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

They sure will....standard 2 wire actuator. If your alarm has onboard relays you're golden, if not then you will need to wire in relays......pretty simple really!

Well the 5701 has keyless entry so im assuming is has the relays? Lol

From what I was told and what I understood, the actuators will make your lock (the little thing on the door) useless. The actuator will take that's place somewhere in your door and that with contol the lock and unlock. Thus turning your locks into somewhat power locks and make the keyless entry usable.

Well if it comes down to it i dont mind, It just sucks arming my car and then having to walk back out to lock it up lol.

No, you can still use your locks like you always have. The actuator is an add on, you actually connect it to the door lock shaft.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Not all of them have onboard relays, my Viper does not, I had to add relays.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

No, you can still use your locks like you always have. The actuator is an add on, you actually connect it to the door lock shaft.

Oh alright. I just got a quick breakdown of them, so I thought they would make the locks on the door useless.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Thats what i was thinking

Not all of them have onboard relays, my Viper does not, I had to add relays.

Okay well stupid question ill research if the alarm does or not, If not what relay will i need to use and where could i find a wiring diagram?

Standard spdt relays...jus a sec I'll get you a diagram!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Archived