oppinions on this signal processor ?

whats your guys oppinions on this? would be hooking it up to a soundstream 8.3 head unit !! let me know

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Audio-Sound-Processor/CLARION-EQS746-7-BAND-CAR-EQUALIZER-EQ-7-VOLT-PRE-AMPS/EQS746.aspx

It's garbage.

First off, never buy an in-dash EQ as it's too tempting to mess with all the dials. The purpose of an EQ is to tune the speakers for the environment, not to make a certain song have more bass/treble. Once you EQ your system, L&R channels separately, you should never touch it again unless you change speakers or crossover points.

That EQ cannot adjust the L&R channels independently (front of car is not asymmetrical) nor does it look like is does much more than a run of the mill HU. I wouldn't waste my $$$ on that nor any effort in installing it.

I have had one of these installed in a previous setup of mine. For all intents and purposes, it works well IMO.

Although, Bluliner has a valid point. An in-dash EQ does provide an unhealthy amount of temptation for you, or any jackass riding with you, to mess with the dials. Personally, I dont want ANYBODY coming in and messing with my levels, both for the health of my ears and speakers/subs. Annoying enough with the volume on the deck!!!!!!

Archived