Second Skin Audio

I made a boo boo

Alright, I am kicking myself in the ass right now. I couldn't find another Hx2 in this condition for 60$. The damn thing is practically new. I guess if it tears it tears I'll have to wait a while to get another sub.

Edited by Maroon97SL

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

Dude calm down and take a deep breath. It will play just fine, just make sure you give it enough time(adhesive or gasket maker) before playing it. At least 24 hours to be safe I'd say. You don't have a HU yet right, so that should give it plenty of time.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

He had it wired in series i believe, I took it out and pulled the crap 12 gauge wire out of it. It was wired from terminal to one positive terminal to one negative and then a jumper wire from each + to + and same for - to -. I had it hooked up to my girls R500-1 amp today and the thing pounded. I just wanted to put new wire in the box.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

it'll play just fine. i hope that gasket maker is flexible tho. never heard of or used it before and too lazy to google it right now

It is silicone pretty much, Seems flexible semi dry. I didn't want to use any glue's. I'll check it out in the morning and see how it set. I just put another layer on it.

Edited by Maroon97SL

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

I'll just play it till it falls apart. I gotta say for one 12 it sounded damn good. Here in the next couple months if it falls apart I will look for another sub.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

Dude calm down and take a deep breath. It will play just fine, just make sure you give it enough time(adhesive or gasket maker) before playing it. At least 24 hours to be safe I'd say. You don't have a HU yet right, so that should give it plenty of time.

I think i have a RF R500-1 on the way tomorrow, Yes i still need to get a HU and installation kit for that. I need an amp installation kit and what not. Gonna be at least 4-5 days before i get everything in.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

if it gets worse, just do what thor did, use gorilla tape. :pardon:

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........