Second Skin Audio

RAY,CJ,DEWRIGHT, Need help...mega build starting need answers

True.....didn't take that into consideration.....wish I knew how to build horns, that would be sick.

Edited by ChrisLun

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4

7.5 cubic ft.

(2) 6 in ports thru the rear deck

(2) T165.2

(2) T169.3

I'm confused about the part where you said " I was thinking about doing a bandpass but I wanted something I would use for daily". What does that mean?

Most bp's I have heard were not good for daily ground pounding. But that is possibly just due to the construction of the enclosure.

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4

7.5 cubic ft.

(2) T165.2

(2) T169.3

Horns? Why horns, you can be plenty loud with a conventional flat wall with less space used than a horn iirc. Im a fan of simple over overly difficult with probably not much of a gain. :peepwall: I was also curious about the daily bandpass thing as well...what about not using a say 4th order daily vs a conventional flat wall?

Not possibly at all...clearly they failed MISERABLY at the enclosure and probably didnt know how to tune it correctly. For example Ray has I think it is 12 12s in a 4th order wall doing a 157 at 30 hz that im sure can play all day. Lunchbox has 6 15s in a rear ported 6th order that does a 155 IIRC @ 31 hz and over a 150 at 17hz. Banpasses will play plenty fine if not better daily, they are more efficient using sealed and ported enclosure designs and have a wider range than a regular ported enclosure. Ray can design you one if you wanted for $20 that would knock your socks off.

:lol: @ bandpass not good at daily groundpounding. Silly guy. :P

Edited by tonedeaf

Horns? Why horns, you can be plenty loud with a conventional flat wall with less space used than a horn iirc. Im a fan of simple over overly difficult with probably not much of a gain. :peepwall: I was also curious about the daily bandpass thing as well...what about not using a say 4th order daily vs a conventional flat wall?

Not possibly at all...clearly they failed MISERABLY at the enclosure

and probably didnt know how to tune it correctly. For example Ray has I think it is 12 12s in a 4th order wall doing a 157 at 30 hz that im sure can play all day. Lunchbox has 6 15s in a rear ported 6th order that does a 155 IIRC @ 31 hz and over a 150 at 17hz. Banpasses will play plenty fine if not better daily, they are more efficient using sealed and ported enclosure designs and have a wider range than a regular ported

enclosure. Ray can design you one if you wanted for $20 that would

knock your socks off.

I am new to the wall thing, and since I will be building this thing my self I was gonna do a regular flat wall ported box....but will send ray a message and see about a 4th order design. Now my secong issue is power.....like I said before I am only running a 320a alt on top of 4 batts. So I would like to stay as effusively as possible. Please bear with me. Walls and 4th order are very new to me.

:lol: @ bandpass not good at daily groundpounding. Silly guy. :P

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4

7.5 cubic ft.

(2) T165.2

(2) T169.3

A 320 and 4 batteries you could probably get away with 6 or 7k with an efficient amp. Deepsilencer is running a DC 9k on a 320A and 4 batteries+under hood battery, but his are D3100s and slightly beat out your kinetics. Not sure how his drop is though he said it holds alot more solid since the XS batteries I think it was. Even then, i'd feel plenty safe with an efficient 5k on that setup as long as you mind the voltage. You can probably get more than that, but im a fan of overkill when it comes to electrical.

Really, you need to pick a setup first, then your subs, then the power to match the subs. Dont worry about everything all at once. You know you have 20-23ish cubes to play with. You know what kind of systems will fit there or can atleast figure it out. Read up on 4th orders, talk to ray about a design perhaps, but you need to pick your subs. Once your subs are picked, worry about power that will be a good match for what you're running. Keep in mind, you can always upgrade power later. :drink40:

The box is the first thing i do.

See what i can do in the space avail

Then buy subs and power

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

The box is the first thing i do.

See what i can do in the space avail

Then buy subs and power

Where do I send the payment ray for a design

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4