Second Skin Audio

how much Damplifier do i need?

it says it on the website. It gives recommendations for full car, or just trunk, or doors. etc. I would check there.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

just remember that you do not have to cover 100 percent of the metal. on the doors you can do a few stripes of damp inside the door and like the outer ring of the outside of the door with some in the middle would work for the doors. so that saves you a good deal already. now for the rest you could just do maybe 50-75 percent on the rest of the metal. the roof you can do 50. and remember that flex is not from lack of damp its due to lack of brace which is up to you to fix. more damp wont help with flex.

If you follow the 25% coverage rule, you could get away with using 40 sq. ft..

Real question is what are you trying to achieve? That will dictate how you should proceed with treating your Blazer.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

trying to get good sq out of it 4 sets of cdt 6.5 componets and 4 sundown sa 12s in back sub up port back im spray foaming inside the panels where i can and planning on Damplifier the truck for best sq i want sq and to be loud and i am adding braces and foam for the roof to keep down on flex

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

Ah ok cool.

Depending on your budget, I would look at a combination of Damplifier and Alpha Damp. Damplifier for the bulk of the surfaces and Alpha Damp for the larger flat portions that flex a lot, such as the roof and possibly the doors.

If you get a 40 sq. ft. of Damplifier and a 20 sq. ft. pack of Alpha Damp (and catch one of our sales/specials), you'd be looking at something like $250 and AMAZING results.

Again depending on budget, you might want to look at adding a MLV (mass loaded vinyl) barrier to lower the overall noise level inside the vehicle to create a even more amazing listening environment.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png