Jump to content

Speaker problems...hellllpppppp!!!!!!


fresh1

Recommended Posts

Posted

So, i've got a problem regarding a set of speakers. When the vehicle is on there is engine noise present, some times the sound gets muffled and distorted, and the music randomly gets loud, then gets quiet again.

Now, where they were first put in, they were loud, now at the same volume they are quieter, but when they do get loud again its like when they were first put in.

My first guess was that it is the amp causing the problem, HOWEVER, with two basic aftermarket speakers hooked up to the amp, there is no problem so far. This has lead me to the conclusion that the speakers are the problem, but I for the life of me cannot figure out why this is so.

Hopefully tomorrow I can come back with some more facts, but that's what I've got so far. The next test I think would be to hook up the problem speakers to the deck and see if the problem persists, but I cannot replicate the volume increases or muffled sound with the speakers hooked up to a stereo in a house.

Can anyone tell me if there is something I should be looking at, or if it is possible for the speakers to the problem?

I've already taken them apart and check ever speaker individually, but I'm starting to think I might have missed something. But if anyone has any ideas/suggestions/solutions please let me know. __________________

Posted

What head unit?

HEAD UNIT JENSEN VM9312

4 12" KICKER COMPS

4 PUNCH 150 AMPS "0NE ON EACH SUB"

2 ALPINE 3522 ON MIDS AND HIGHS

MLA MOD

BIG 3

OPTIMA D31T BATTERY UP FRONT, ANOTHER IN BACK

2 KINETIK BATTERIES IN BACK ALSO"ONE 800,ONE 1200"

DUAL ALTERNATORS "ONE 200 AMP" OTHER MECHMAN 270 LARGE CASE

Posted

The deck is a Pioneer DEH 4000 ub, its old and I'm going to replace it soon, probably when I get another vehicle.

Speakers consist of 4 BSA PL-8 8'' woofers and 2 power pro audio super tweeters ( I know, not really the greatest stuff, but it does the job when they're working).

The amp is a Soundigital 400.1. 8''s are 8 ohms each and the tweeters are 4 ohms, with tw 8''s to a tweeter, giving me 2 ohms and then each set wired together to 1 ohm. I'm planning to go with a 2 channel amp for them, but this is what I had for now and its been sitting forever so I figured time to put the amp to use.

I have caps on the speakers to prevent them from playing too low, but it seems I can't get a proper reading of impedance, I'm just going with the +'s to +'s, -'s to -'s method.

However, when I tested each without the caps they read properly. Tomorrow I will probably take some time and hook them up to the deck and see if the problem continues, I just don't understand how they give me the engine noise but the aftermarket 6x9's don't, nor do I understand why the volume keeps changing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 753 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...