Last nights project

This reminds me of a mess I saw a long time ago.

Customer brought in their HU for warranty with the vehicle & HU harness still attached. Every single wire was soldered together in what can only be described as a massive lead booger poorly wrapped in what felt like hockey tape. And when I mean every wire I mean every wire was soldered together at one point (gigantic lead sputnik booger).

When I inquired why this was wired that way the customer calmly said, and I'm not making this shit up, "the electricity should know where to go and not break the radio."

Darwin? Where were you that day?

Carry on.

your reply was so epic i had to put it in my signature. lmfao!!! if that was the case i guess the electrical comapnies can let all their wires just sit in a large body of water and have people swim in it right?

Now to the op: soldering the wires together like nate showed is the best. It makes them easier to bend around things, cleaner look, plus it seems stronger from my testing where if you wire them straight its even harder to pull apart.

I didnt solder the wires for my h/u at all but i did another way around it since i have a crap load of room behind my radio in the dash. What i did was strip the wires back about 3/8 of a inch, twist the wires together, and then i took a wing nut for wires and put one on each wire i connected together. I have a solid connection and i tried to rip the wires apart and its not moving. I also tested the continuity of each wire and it is at a solid 0.00 ohms.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress