and if you really want to nerd it out,you could run backtrack 4/5 (which is an operating system) and use a wifi adapter to hack into other peoples wifi.

but you are limited to range.

Henry Ford once received a letter from a depression-era bank robber responsible for the deaths of several law enforcement officers, killed in their attempt to stop him as he fled the crime scene. In his letter, he thanked Mr. Ford for making his Model A Ford such a good getaway car.

For the droid bionic it is really new so your wifi tether may not really work too well. I had gingerbread on my droidx and it worked great except for wifi tether. That damn thing would be a total pain in my ass to the point i gave up on the new OS and wiped it back to the stock firmware of froyo and blocked the over the air updates of it so it would get stuck with froyo until i decided to update it. There are newer versions of the wifi tether out there that are supposed to work with gingerbread but they are really making it hard to tether because you are really supposed to pay for that crap. With my phone when i had gingerbread (the same os as the bionic comes with) when i wanted to tether sometimes it wouldnt work (like 10% it would) if it didnt work i had to stop tethering, put it on airplane mode, put tethering on, take it out of airplane mode and it may work but mostly didnt. I got so fed up that i just reverted back to the stock rom my phone came with and used the tether on it because it worked 100% of the time. There are ways to get it working but i am not taking anymore chances with it not working when i need it so im sticking with what i have and knowing it works all the time. If you want just google "droid bionic wifi tether" there are plenty of guides out there on how to root your phone, how to get free wifi tether and all that.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

and if you really want to nerd it out,you could run backtrack 4/5 (which is an operating system) and use a wifi adapter to hack into other peoples wifi.

but you are limited to range.

Yea the OP could do that but i tbh dont think he is too inept with computers to do that. You can always get a damn good length for wifi by using a satellite to grab signals for a longer distance but that wont be any bit obvious with a satellite dish on the roof of your car aiming at someones house to steal their internet at one bit. peepwall.gif

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

nah i dont wana steal peoples internet cause that does me no good on the highway if i wana surf the web wich seems kinda unlikely lol idk though i kinda like the idea of getting internet threw my phone i prolly shouldnt worry to much about internet for a laptop that isnt even built into the car yet so i guess ill cross the bridge when i get there. im still not understanding how to get an unlimited data plan when the most verizon offers is 10g is that something u can only get with the older droid or is it a mod to the phones os?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I believe verizon killed their unlimited data for basic phone web and email usage because there were so many people like me who were stealing it for other use (tethering). With 10g i would use that up like its nothing so i need my unlimited plan or id go over it but i got my first smart phone about 5 years ago and i am grand-fathered into their plan with unlimited data as long as i keep the contract going with verizon. If you can at least get unlimited web for it you will be just fine. There is no need to get their wifi tethering package which has a very low cap for data usage on it and trust me when i say you will exceed it like its nothing especially if you stream media through it, download crap with it, etc.

so after thinking about this it seems like the only real issue i can think of is how to take my toshiba satellite l305-s5865 that has a 15" screen wich uses a 30 pin connector and extend the cables and be able to use a 10" led screen that way i wont have issues with not being able to see the screen if its of center i was looking at a screen like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-INSPIRON-MINI-10-10-1-LAPTOP-LCD-SCREEN-LED-/310283059478?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483e4fc116

but that uses a 40 pin connector im gona look on ebay and see if i can find a 10" led screen with a 30 pin but if not how would i go about finding how to wire from my laptop to that 10" screen i posted?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

found a 10" screen with a 30 pin connector

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-EEE-PC-1005HAB-1005H-HannStar-10-1-LCD-SCREEN-LED-/180685674546?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a11b49832

would that screen work as it should if i just swapped it with the one i have? not talking housing wise as i plan to mold the screen into my dash but data cabble wise as well as video wise both use 30 pin connectors.

Ill have to look that up for you. I have never seen a Toshiba display port before so ill check if it has the same pinout. For extending the monitor of the laptop to the dash that's gonna be a pain in the butt just to tell you because with most laptops I rip apart to fix, the display cables share a lot of the same color and they are super tiny so u can fracture and burn the cable. It is not by any means a simple splice, extend, connect job to do what u want.

sorry i just got the chance to try and find stuff on your laptop. I didnt find any pin out diagrams online about your monitor to know if the monitors will be plug and play. It may work, it may not work. Only way to tell would be to take the new monitor and plug it into your laptop and fire it up to see if it shows images normally. If it doesnt then the pinout is different. Usually the monitors dont have too many color pins, most are grounds but like i said before the wires are super thin so you will need a lot of patience, a steady hand, and some tiny wire to solder onto the connections when you extend the monitor.

thats where this is starting to feel like it would cost more then it worth. and the power adapter just died for my toshiba :( may just try and find one of those mini laptops used around town people buy stuff like that new then put in on cl with in a week.woulda be as fast as my toshiba but it would do what i want it to in the car. itunes,stream vids check facebook that kinda thing