Yea that wouldnt be too bad. Im kinda doing a knock off of what meade did to his tahoe with the mac mini but im gonna try to find a way to cut out the headunit from the entire system and use just the mac mini and the 3sixty.2 so that should be fun if its even at all possible with how low the output voltage is on headphones. Im not sure where i found it but a co-worker showed me a link a few months ago where you could get a normal display to become touch screen by applying an adhesive surface to the monitor. You plug it into the usb of your computer in which you want to make it touch screen, calibrate the screens touch points, and then you will have a fully functional touch screen. If i can find that link or get him to send it to me ill let you know for sure because you could just use a normal screen for your laptop and put the touchscreen part on top of the lcd panel and go from there. You would still have the p.i.t.a. job of extending the wires but just be slow and make sure you shrink wrap the wires to prevent from a short or broken wire.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

my plan to extend it is to buy another cable the one that goes from the board to the screen. that way i have 2 and i have 2 flat ends to solder to and no cable cutting.i really wana use my toshiba though because i already have it. and im kinda do this on the cheap and more of a learning expience over all. my only worry is that i wont be able to get the 10" monitor to work ima look more into it and see if a 30 pin is a 30pin no matter what hopefully if there not the same pin placement i can find diagrams and make it work. might have the money to buy that screen pretty soon sold some older home audio stuff. so a build log will be in progress. prolly start one tuesday as ill have the parts to fix my ap1800. thanks for all ur help throughout this im glad theres people like you here on smd wish there was more.

as far as using a computer and getting rid of the head unit that would be pretty bad ass plus with the sound cards u can get you have the ability to set up a pre out for highs mids and lows,/ isnt there a thing out there that boosts inline rca voltage? would that work for your aplication

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

For your wiring that could work but this is what id do. I would get a spare wire just incase something goes horribly wrong but get a very low heat soldering gun (either a cordless or a very small handheld soldering gun from radioshack will do. id get it like 15-20 watts max) and then i would get some lead free solder for a pure connection. Then i would cut the wires off the 2 some odd foot long cable that goes between your motherboard and monitor. I would cut the cable in the middle if you can BUT do not cut all the wires at once or you will instantly screw yourself. I would cut off the outer shrink wrap if it has any for the wires and then i would cut each wire one at a time, decide how long your cable needs to be extended and then solder the wire one at a time. I would keep a pattern when you do this, for example do the entire top row from one side to the other or do one wire at the top and the other wire at the bottom to keep them in a consecutive pair to help minimize the problem of running the wrong wires together or crossing something. If you lived near me and i didnt have so much crap to do with college id be more than willing to help you out with this task because i have all the tools you can imagine and a few times i had to solder the wires together because the morons at hp have such thin wires that the damn things kept snapping. The hardest part is to not and fracture the wires that are stock on the lcd harness and to get the wire so hot you melt half the sheeting on the wire.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

turns out my power adapter wasnt bad so yay lol im running ubuntu atm so i cant check but lets say the 10" 30 pin screen worked but my laptop kept trying to put the 15" screens resolution to it so on the 10 i would only see the middle is there a way to turn resolution down to get it to fit the smaller screen if that made sence?

/ im in ny as well just way north

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Depending on the laptop in the BIOS there is an option to stretch your screen or preserve the aspect ratio. I've never really messed with Toshiba's too much but dell was big on that setting in the BIOS. Id sift through the BIOS and see if you can fond anything about preserving the aspect ratio, if not then you just need to run the 10" at the optimum resolution it is made for. Your laptop will distinguish the different resolution capabilities so don't worry. As long as you wire everything up right and pair the cables you will not have a problem with it showing a border. Also if it does show a border, there are ways to turn it off within your graphics card's programs. Ati, nvidia, and Intel all have those features.

awsome thanks that was one of the other things i was worried about ima restart my laptop and see

It should be in one of those two spots. Most of the time if its not then you just need to use the right resolution and make sure the aspect ratio is correct too. I'm 99% sure you wont have any problems with it. If you can tell me about how old is your Toshiba? Usually older laptops like 4+ years have the border setting I was talking about in the BIOS. They did this because ppl were dumbasses and put their resolution to 800x600 and their screen was huge and blurry to all hell. So the manufacturers came up with this so of gramps decided to play with his resolution, he would still be able to see what he is doing, not exceed the limits and shut the monitor off or make it so its insanely huge on your screen. Nobody needs to click on an icon the size of your thumb. Lol.

nope nothing like that in the bios but ik when i was running duel boot with 7 ultimate i had card settings that i could change so if i do run into a problem hopefully that should be able to fix it.

looking for a good express or usb soundcard for my laptop. need something amazing anyone used anything that they liked alot?

Edited by hifonics10

If anything update your video card driver to the latest revision and it may have that setting when you go to the control panel or maybe desktop since its Ubuntu and show the brand of your graphics card with the settings within it. What graphics card is in the laptop? Model/brand. Also when you reboot, is your BIOS the entire size of your screen or is the border existing with the BIOS on the screen too? If there is no border in the BIOS then the problem is your os not supporting the higher resolutions of the monitor and a new driver (if they even have one for Ubuntu) would be necessary