Sonic Electronix

Hey guys this is going to be a long question lol i am tearing everything out of my truck and starting over even though everything is mostly out. so where do i start

i have a 01 GMC sierra single cab dropped on 20s will upgrade to 24s lol and i am looking at putting in two 10s for now possibly DC or FI audio depends the mounting depth on them are around 6 inches i believe ether Level 2 or 3 DC subs the 10s depending on price and the SSD FI 10s what do you guys think?

so it should fit i will build a custom box sealed possibly ported if anyone can give me some ideas it would be great i am looking for any feed back.

so that gets to the wiring.... Big 3 upgrade or extra batteries? i am new to the bit build stuff lol. can you do a big 3 upgrade and add more batteries or not? and then it comes down to Amps.

a audioque 2200D will one of those work or should i go with something else price is really the thing right now and it seemed like it was a good price. do you guys know of any other amps that will do good with this system "best bang for the buck"

Finally where do i start i was thinking about starting with all the wiring first the big 3 or the batteries etc and then getting the amp building the box and then getting the subs getting all the big stuff out of the way first and if anyone can help with the install info on how to do it it would be great i would appreciate any feed back on how to build the box or wire etc and i all probably end up getting one of steve's DD-1s because all this money put in its not worth blowing anything.

Thanks guys i can't wait to see the feed back and help thanks a lot.

Cole

Fi SSD's and DC level 3's would both be great choices. I would have went with the SSD's if I could afford them. I would go with a ported box if you have the room otherwise go sealed. You can do the big 3 and add extra batteries. With an AQ2200 you should be fine with an upgraded front battery then maybe a battery in the rear if you still have voltage drop. probably doing the wiring first would be a good place to start.

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Archived