Second Skin Audio

Ported Box Tuning

Reg_Cab_Slammer

Ok so i have a regular cab truck and im taking out the bench seat and putting racing seats in it. When this is done i am taking out my kicker comp and putting an alpine type x in between the seats. I want to build my own box so i can design it. I also want a ported box for loudness, but i want to tune it pretty low ( 26 herts or so) how do you tune the port?

Thanks,

Colby

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

You would either elongate the port( add length), or shrink it(lessen port area), to lower the tuning. Why would you want to tune to 26hz?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Theres a guy on here named torres that made a Calculator for enclosures to makes it easy to play around with dimensions and port sizes etc.. and have it give you the exact (or pretty darn close) volume and tuning of the port. I know some people dont like it but ive mad a few boxes using it and liked the results :drinks:

just mess around with some different sizes to get the low tuning you want. maybe someone a little more knowledgeable could recommend a ballpark port area. (im still kinda a n00b at port tuning lol)

edit: like him lol^^^^^

heres the page

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator/#entry551556

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

I want a lower tuning maybe not that low but no higher than 32 or so cuz in that reg cab i know itll get loud in a ported box but i want something that will be a daily driver and hit sick lows, im open to any suggestions for the type x tho.

thanks guys

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

I want a lower tuning maybe not that low but no higher than 32 or so cuz in that reg cab i know itll get loud in a ported box but i want something that will be a daily driver and hit sick lows, im open to any suggestions for the type x tho.

thanks guys

i heard the type X isnt really that big of an improvement over the R, and isnt worth the difference in cost. but thats from what ive read on here, not personal experience. and also, there is absolutely no reason for you to need to tune that low.

Well im pretty set on the type x i might go type r but ive personally heard one type x 10 get louder than two r's but what would you tune to? thanks

sorry im very new to building boxes

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

Archived