Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What box is better for my kicker l7 15"?


dereko2

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have kicker solo baric l7 15" on sealed box powered by dls ultimate a6 amplifier. I just wanna ask if what box is better sealed or vented? My brother just gave me the subs and the amp. And I just wanna ask if these sub and amp are good enough? I'm looking for SPL. Thank You in advance. :D

Posted

For spl ported all the wayy what the amps rms rating?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Posted

For spl ported all the wayy what the amps rms rating?

1200W RMS brother. Thanks for quick response. Just wondering if this sub and amp are good? Just a new in setting up. I used sealed boxes and I love the rolling base. You can be heard about 100m away i guess. When i use ported box? Will it become better?

Posted

A ported box has the potential to be louder but better...idk it's up to you to decide. I've had 4 diff sets of L7's I will not buy anymore but thats my preference. If you build a nice portedbox for the sub, if the amp does rated power then thats a great match.:) are you just wanting to be loud? You can do that with what ya got, but if you're looking to switch it up then their are alot of great options out there. What are you wanting to do?

Your cheapest option is to buy some wood and build a box.

Or you can buy new gear it's up to you bro, but I'd atleast build a portedbox to see if it suites your fancy.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Posted

A ported box has the potential to be louder but better...idk it's up to you to decide. I've had 4 diff sets of L7's I will not buy anymore but thats my preference. If you build a nice portedbox for the sub, if the amp does rated power then thats a great match.:) are you just wanting to be loud? You can do that with what ya got, but if you're looking to switch it up then their are alot of great options out there. What are you wanting to do?

Your cheapest option is to buy some wood and build a box.

Or you can buy new gear it's up to you bro, but I'd atleast build a portedbox to see if it suites your fancy.

Woah. That was stunning 4 sets of l7. Its too expensive(for me).LOL, Yes i just wanna disturb the people i drive by. To be honest, I just wanna be noticed a little. LOL ^^. Bro can I ask what model of solobaric is this. But I'm pretty sure this is oldschool. Because my brother just gave it to me. As you can see the box is too old :D..

78831339.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted

L7s love their airspace, and ported. i ran them for about a year and a half

go with a ported box about 5-6 cubes, tuned between 32-34hz with about 80 square inches of port

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Posted

I think it's a 00' or 02' model. What kind of car is it in? Are you willing/able to make a ported box? Like do you have tools on hand..?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Posted

I think it's a 00' or 02' model. What kind of car is it in? Are you willing/able to make a ported box? Like do you have tools on hand..?

Honda CRV 2005. I think I would just let a pro do the job. Thanks brother.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 637 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...