Bet you cant figure it out.

If the amp is only worth a hundred or two i would just replace it with a new one instead of spending 100 hundred or more in repairs on it. Look on ebay for some great old school amps, i would go with an old school amp worth repairing than most of the crap being made today that's disposable.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

When you hit that bump you could have made something in the dash hit the RCA's. PICO fuse could have blown too. Could try grounding the RCA's like the pioneers.

That would cause no power whatsoever to go through the amp? I thought the usual issue was just engine noise in the RCAs with a blown pico. Causing something to ht the RCAs would have done what exactly? Grounded them out or something maybe? Blowing out the preouts?

When you hit that bump you could have made something in the dash hit the RCA's. PICO fuse could have blown too. Could try grounding the RCA's like the pioneers.

That would cause no power whatsoever to go through the amp? I thought the usual issue was just engine noise in the RCAs with a blown pico. Causing something to ht the RCAs would have done what exactly? Grounded them out or something maybe? Blowing out the preouts?

Anything is possible, it's a free test if you have like 16 gauge wire around lol.

@ray oh, well then, my kenwood had the same issue as a pioneer and grounding the RCA's took the problem out.

Is there another "fuse" that other companys use or is there something totally different? I would like to know for future reference.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

If the amp is only worth a hundred or two i would just replace it with a new one instead of spending 100 hundred or more in repairs on it. Look on ebay for some great old school amps, i would go with an old school amp worth repairing than most of the crap being made today that's disposable.

Yeah, I wasn't too worried about it though they are still worth around $250 as people pay for the Rockford name, but with such a small amp I'm not worried about repair. I'm more worried about making sure it's the amp and not the headunit. Would suck ass to pay $500 for a new bigger and better amp to find out my 2 day old headunit took a shit.

Plug an ipod in instead of your deck

Gotta break it down in order to troubleshoot.

Process of elimination

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Plug an ipod in instead of your deck

Gotta break it down in order to troubleshoot.

Process of elimination

That's the last thing I did which I figured would rule it out. I plugged the headphone plug into my iPod and the RCA outs into the amp and it no worky. So case closed ray?

Edited by tonedeaf

He means separate the HU from the amp, get a 3.5mm to RCA and plug it into your amp and play some music.

Sorry, I said Headunit plug, I meant headphone (3.5mm headphone plug into iphone) with RCA plugs. Heres a pic of what I used basically:

7992988_sa.jpg

Plugged it into iphone then straight to amp with nothing happening from the sub.

Edited by tonedeaf