Sonic Electronix

subs burning and amp on fire

Sorry but your brother has some screws loose, NEVER add a ground to your amp. Only use the supplied terminals.

Use the correct gauge wiring for that amp and ground the amp to the chassis(if it's a unibody car) if it has a frame like a SUV or truck ground it there.

its a blazer, ill remove that ground, and then ill remove the ground off my 4 channel in my current build.

There you go, GROUND THE AMP TO THE FRAME USING THE TERMINAL SUPPLIED Also make sure to grind the paint away. Sorry had to make sure I got the point across.

Oh also, do not run RCA's with power wire. Could cause "noise". And the gain on the amp is not a volume knob. And NEVER use bass boost.

i know about the gain knob and all that. i set my deck to where i would max it out then tuned the gain to where it sounded good. doesnt bottom out n no distortion. and i know about the rca and power wire thing. thank you.

You don't max the deck out. rule of thumb on the deck part if you have no oscope or DD-1 is set the EQ flat, loud off and turn the volume 3/4 of the way up. then set the gain.

Oh and we are not trying to be asses or anything if we may seem like it. Just the way you were told is the wrong way and we are just covering ground.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

rfp4212's

and does anyone have recommendations on an amp.

thanks for the model number, found out that they have dual 4 ohm voice coils. this amp would work well for them

http://www.audioque.com/AQ750-Amplifier_p_46.html

it has a clip light on the bass knob so you'll know if you're giving them clean power or not.

thats sweet. thanks. you think thatdbe a good amp to power 2 skar audio 8's. i guess ther 400 watt subs too. im talking about the new vvx-8's.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

Sorry but your brother has some screws loose, NEVER add a ground to your amp. Only use the supplied terminals.

Use the correct gauge wiring for that amp and ground the amp to the chassis(if it's a unibody car) if it has a frame like a SUV or truck ground it there.

its a blazer, ill remove that ground, and then ill remove the ground off my 4 channel in my current build.

There you go, GROUND THE AMP TO THE FRAME USING THE TERMINAL SUPPLIED Also make sure to grind the paint away. Sorry had to make sure I got the point across.

Oh also, do not run RCA's with power wire. Could cause "noise". And the gain on the amp is not a volume knob. And NEVER use bass boost.

i know about the gain knob and all that. i set my deck to where i would max it out then tuned the gain to where it sounded good. doesnt bottom out n no distortion. and i know about the rca and power wire thing. thank you.

You don't max the deck out. rule of thumb on the deck part if you have no oscope or DD-1 is set the EQ flat, loud off and turn the volume 3/4 of the way up. then set the gain.

Oh and we are not trying to be asses or anything if we may seem like it. Just the way you were told is the wrong way and we are just covering ground.

i know you guys arent being asses. you guys are helping me a lot and im quiteexcited. and i only listen to it 1/4 of the way up so thats what i turned it to and leave loud off.so ill disconnect my speakers and just hook amp n sub up.thank you

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12

thats sweet. thanks. you think thatdbe a good amp to power 2 skar audio 8's. i guess ther 400 watt subs too. im talking about the new vvx-8's.

the 8's have the same motor as the 12's so i'd like to think that the power handing would be the same (600w). if need be, you can upgrade to the aq 1200. if you do end up getting the 1200 and you run them on the RF's, you need to watch the gain knob (and smell from cooking voice coils) on it so you dont blow them from too much power.

the 8's have the same motor as the 12's so i'd like to think that the power handing would be the same (600w). if need be, you can upgrade to the aq 1200. if you do end up getting the 1200 and you run them on the RF's, you need to watch the gain knob (and smell from cooking voice coils) on it so you dont blow them from too much power.

ill get the 750 for the rfs. so should i get the 1200 for skar's then?

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12

ill get the 750 for the rfs. so should i get the 1200 for skar's then?

you can if you want, its totally up to you.

edit: the only thing i can do for you is give you recommendations. as far as purchasing it, its your choice. i cant tell you what to do with your money

Hey man I'm not rude! It's a true story! I hear the brother, cousin, uncle, neighbor story with almost every kid I know that has a blown amp! I'm just saying, lol not trying to be rude

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

man i love this website. thank you all for the help. im super psyched about all im learning. now i gotta think about how im gonna mount the skars in my rear deck lid and how to make the box.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12

Hey man I'm not rude! It's a true story! I hear the brother, cousin, uncle, neighbor story with almost every kid I know that has a blown amp! I'm just saying, lol not trying to be rude

ya but luckily my amps not blown :D not all the way anyway. still powering them good but the case is getting real hot. thati have no idea to fix. replace fans but i have it sitting where it would get most wind/air.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12

Archived