think this performance chip is any good?

It is a cool tool. You can change options on the tune for gearing, tire size, adjust air/fuel and spark, set the rev limiter, governer and shift points. If you can afford it...

i would have to save up for it. but i just didnt want to spend 400 bucks to not see much of a real difference.

if im going to buy a tuner i dont mind spending that much.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

we have not gotten all the pricing together yet. i just found out my headgasket was blown on tuesday. so im still in the process of how am i going to afford all this.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Ok....you sounded like you had this huge laundry list of work you wanted to do. My suggestion was going to be a late model 5.0 swap. Tons of go fast goodies for cheap, and a relatively straight forward swap I'd bet. Although the firewalls on your year Effy are a bitch.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ok....you sounded like you had this huge laundry list of work you wanted to do. My suggestion was going to be a late model 5.0 swap. Tons of go fast goodies for cheap, and a relatively straight forward swap I'd bet. Although the firewalls on your year Effy are a bitch.

well i was looking into a 302 or a 289 swap. which i could get for 500 bucks almost. but of course my parents being the ones who have to fork over the money get to have their way.

i dont really want to go fast in my truck haha its terrifying. feels like a boat going down the road.

if my truck topped out at 75 id be a happy camper. i do love my acceleration though.

EDIT: i do have a huge laundry list of things id love to do to this truck. but right now its a NEED/WANT issue.

Edited by D-train-13k

Head gaskets are no biggie, but as mentioned earlier those things suck to work on. They're tucked back into that firewall pretty good :(

yes i know. ive replaced head gaskets before. but in my automotive class. im not looking forward to it. it still runs but i leak antifreeze and oil into a couple of my cylinders. im going to try and use some of the headgasket fixer stuff that you dump in your antifreeze to see if that helps at all. Guaranteed or your money back. so i guess its worth a shot.

it improves Bass sound :werd_msword: