think this performance chip is any good?

i know alot of chips are kinda finiky with the actual output results. but this seems pretty legit.

its hard to find stuff for a 4.2L V6 F150

Stage 1 performance

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

One thing to remember with all chips and flash tunes, the less HP you have to start with, the less HP you are going to gain(from the tune/chip alone). A chip combined with other aftermarket parts is the way to go.

well im most likely getting an entire new 4.2 engine due to a blown headgasket.

im rebuilding the tranny as well due to various issues.

so i was gonna just try and upgrade as much of the easy stuff as i can while the engine is out. via: new headers, exhaust. O2 sensors, cats and intake.

so should i do the programmer later? or does it even matter

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Get a flash tuner like Teardrop said. Plugs into the OBD plug and relashes the computer. SCT and Diablo are good and you can get tunes for either one from may different place. They email the tune to you, you download it to the flash tuner, then download to the car. You can also change parameters manually if you know what you're doing.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

it dont look lagite because well known companys all there chips plug in to the obd2 conector and this dont so i wouldnt buy it

what would you suggest.

im not looking for huge HP gains.

just enough to help get better mpg and a little umpft :peepwall:

Get a flash tuner like Teardrop said. Plugs into the OBD plug and relashes the computer. SCT and Diablo are good and you can get tunes for either one from may different place. They email the tune to you, you download it to the flash tuner, then download to the car. You can also change parameters manually if you know what you're doing.

okay well this is a problem. my OBD plug does not work. i have no earthly idea why. but ive plugged up a modus and get no readings whatsoever. i was trying to figure out which o2 sensor went bad and couldnt get any codes.

EDIT: its a 2000 Ford F150 4.2 V6

Edited by D-train-13k

Fords REALLY like Superchips brand programmers. The main thing it does is jack up the line pressure and raises shift points on tranny. It changes minor settings with fuel/air, but the feeling of more power comes from positive shifting transmission. The AOD ford shifts like a turd without a programmer IMO

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Well I was going to suggest looking at these http://www.stylintrucks.com/category/performance/tuners-comma-_programmers-comma-_chips_-and-_scanners.aspx, but if your plug don't work, it won't matter. Problem with that is, a lot of parts like headers and CAI require a reflash of the ECU. You need that plug fixed before you do any modding.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread