I'm making this thread to answer some of the questions that I have been getting lately from a couple of members on this site. Anybody can ask questions about any automotive problem whether its auto or diesel and I will try my best to answer them.

Question 1: My 4x4 stopped working on my 2000 gmc jimmy any ideas?

Answer: There is a technical service bulliten about this certain vehicle, that concludes that there is a weak windshield seal on the passenger side of the windshield that if not taken care of water can move in run down the inside of A-Pillar down the side of the dash and into the passenger side kick panel. We'll under the kick panel is the 4X4 module and it can easily rust and damage the module, causing 4x4 problems.

Question: Why does my grand am trunk leak but carpet is not wet at the top?

Answer: Do to experience (I own one) there is a gromment that holds wires for the rear brake lights. These gromments will get weak and will shift positions due to driving in puddles causing water to bounce against the gromment. An easy fix is to use any kind of automotive glue or sealer to help reinforce these gromments.

Question 3: When pulling a 6.6L duramax, how do you lift and where?, also did you take turbo off before?

Answer: I'm currently pulling one right now as we speak, an easier way to do this is make sure the radiator, grill, radiator support brackets, and all front engine pieces are out of the way. You want to remove all allison bolts and torque converter bolts. Remove possible harnesses and I would personally strip the engine to semi bare engine. Depending on what you are using I used a cherry picker in this situation I used some thick chains and bolted one end to the heads behind the engine on a bolt that held a groundstrap, and bolted the other part of the chain to a stud and nut that held the pulley brackets on on the front of the engine. You can easily pull and support the duramax this way. Afterwards I would take the turbo off once its out of the engine bay because some of the bolts are a pain in the ass to get to.

I will be posting more info about other cars and potential service bullitens later on. And if you are wondering I am a WK/ and ASE certified technician and I will do my best to help with any vehicle..

Also another thing I wanted to share with everybody, I live in the northern texas and northern oklahoma panhandle. And I work on a lot of oil rig companies diesels, like the duramax 6.6L the powerstoke 6.0, 6.4 and 7.3's and even the cummins 5.9 and 6.7L's. ANY DIESEL OWNERS! I want to warn y'all to watch out for diesel right now, its completley filthy. There have been several diesels that come in with a No Start due to WIF sensor codes. This is due to High levels of water in fuel, a way to tell on a couple diesels is look for a drain valve if equipped by the fuel filter. Most of the time when you drain it you will see pure water pour out and as it fades away you will see a greenish color meaning water is almost out of the diesel. I've also seen trucks come in that you can actually light the diesel on fire due to amount of gasoline in diesel. Just wanted to put a warning out for everybody..

Answer....user manuals

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Answer....user manuals

Wonderful post. I'm trying to be helpful and help the people that actually want this information, so if you don't appreciate it man Get off of this topic. BTW User manuals tell you a fraction of the stuff you need to know in the automotive world

Just got pm'd another question

Question: I have a 2004 ford ranger why when I shift does my brake and abs light illuminate on the dash and my turn signals quit working.

Answer: A common problem of this happening is lack of insulation on a wire inside the column. After a long period of time the insulation on a small black wire inside of the steering column that runs from the shifter will run and wear through the insulation, this will cause the power to ground and pop the #20 fuse behind the passenger side kick panel. This will cause turn signals to stop and a couple of lights to illuminate on the dash, also cruise will stop working.

Reinsulate the wiring using either heatshrink or electrical tape and problem is fixed.

Edited by Toady

I can chip in my help on these topics too. I've been turning wrenches for 13 years and I've got resources for diagrams and schematics. And no, user manuals don't help for everything. Grab a Haynes manual for your specific car and flip to the "rebuilding a transmission" section.... Oh wait, there isn't one lol, they refer you to a mechanic or to a different book.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I can chip in my help on these topics too. I've been turning wrenches for 13 years and I've got resources for diagrams and schematics. And no, user manuals don't help for everything. Grab a Haynes manual for your specific car and flip to the "rebuilding a transmission" section.... Oh wait, there isn't one lol, they refer you to a mechanic or to a different book.

X2 Lol, 13 years man Respect

Edited by Toady

Lol thanks man. I've just always loved working on cars, so I've stuck with it, did auto classes in high school and now I'm finishing up my second year at an advanced auto tech school and high performance. Fun stuff, my knuckles hate me though lol.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Congrats to you too bro :good: keep on wrenching :drinks:

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg