Loudest trunk car?

bassrace

Ive been looking around and planning a box build this whole summer, ive done tons of research, but that only gets you so far, i drive a 2001 impala, i have two solobaric 15"s powered by two brutus 1606D amps, i want the loudest box possible on this vehicle, i can get about 8-10 cubes building the enclosure inside the trunk, but i cannot decide on sub-port placement and direction, (subs up ports back, subs forward ports up etc.) and im considering a wall, but i need some help from people who have worked with trunk cars because im frustrated and do not know which design type to pursue, (ive allready build test boxes, 3 cubes 30hz. subs up ports forward, subs up ports backwards, and subs up ports up) any help would be greatly appreicated and im willing to pay for anyone helping me design a box, thank you you guys are great.

First you need to decide what class you want to compete. Trunk/stock, wall, or no-wall.

It takes a lot of time, effort, and energy. To find what works best. There are literally hundreds of variables and they all can affect one and other.

A few years back doing 160 in

First you need to decide what class you want to compete. Trunk/stock, wall, or no-wall.

It takes a lot of time, effort, and energy. To find what works best. There are literally hundreds of variables and they all can affect one and other.

A few years back doing 160 in street class was impossible, doing 180 was impossible, doing 155 from a trunk was impossible. Somehow, people figured it out and made it happen, but it didn't come easy.

In

• 1 month later...

i did a 147.1 fireing back 1 15" and with dc 9k at 16volts... of course it was at 55hz it was a spl setup

i got pic of TL for people who don't trust me mofos

I trust ya. :)

I'm doing a 45.9@40hz and 45.4@34hz with 2500rms rated on 2 12"s I can wait to double or triple my power. :) but I have alot of stuff I'm going to try and gain some dbeez without spendin $$$ hopefully it works.

i had the hardest part, top my boot all solid steel, behind seats where, i had like a 15" hole in middle get air through..and the fact hard fit 2 big ass 8v batts with a charger plus the 9k amp..let alone a sub box lol

hahah ive got 2 starter batterys and a huge deep cycle battery with 2 18s in sealed boxes 2 3k amps and a 4 channel amp all in the trunk of my camry (sedan) the back is so fucking low the tires in the back are around 6cms from touching the wheel wells!!!

yeah terry is a great guy. funny as hell too. Terry, great scores man. I'm always checkin out your vids when you post em on FB. can't believe you got a 150+ out of a prefab lol. that just goes to prove nates point, anything you touch is loud haha.

OP, i understand youre asking for scores of subs facing back, but is there any reason youre set on having your subs face the rear? any reason you dont want to fire forward?

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

He is like me... I don't want to face no subs or port towards the cabin... I do 148.2 - 148.6 with the driver door open, mic in the kick ( Subs & port facing the rear )

... IMO - It's just too easy to obtain numbers facing towards the cabin and sealing off...

Vehicle: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE 4-Dr

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9852

Front Stage: Kicker DS6.5s w/ (4) Power Acoustik NB.4s - Rear Stage: (4) JVC 5-Way 6x9s

Sub Stage: (2) 12" Lanzar OptiDrive 1232s - Custom Ported Enclosure: 6.81cuft Tuned @ 32Hz

Sub Amp: (1) Kicker KX2500.1D - Highs Amp: AutoTek AT-1200.4

Processors: Clarion EQ-746 & Clarion MCD-360

Wiring: Install Bay 1/0 Gauge ( Including Big 3 Upgrade )

Batteries: (3) EverStart Maxx's ( 750 CCA ) 1 In Front & 2 In Back

DJ's Audio Installation

2 18"s in a camry trunk? Lol

I had to kick my last box in because it was about an 1" too long, and that was for 2 12"s...... That box must be pretty small......

i did a 147.1 fireing back 1 15" and with dc 9k at 16volts... of course it was at 55hz it was a spl setup

i got pic of TL for people who don't trust me mofos

I trust ya. :)

I'm doing a 45.9@40hz and 45.4@34hz with 2500rms rated on 2 12"s I can wait to double or triple my power. :) but I have alot of stuff I'm going to try and gain some dbeez without spendin $$$ hopefully it works.

i had the hardest part, top my boot all solid steel, behind seats where, i had like a 15" hole in middle get air through..and the fact hard fit 2 big ass 8v batts with a charger plus the 9k amp..let alone a sub box lol

hahah ive got 2 starter batterys and a huge deep cycle battery with 2 18s in sealed boxes 2 3k amps and a 4 channel amp all in the trunk of my camry (sedan) the back is so fucking low the tires in the back are around 6cms from touching the wheel wells!!!

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

yeah terry is a great guy. funny as hell too. Terry, great scores man. I'm always checkin out your vids when you post em on FB. can't believe you got a 150+ out of a prefab lol. that just goes to prove nates point, anything you touch is loud haha.

OP, i understand youre asking for scores of subs facing back, but is there any reason youre set on having your subs face the rear? any reason you dont want to fire forward?

I just wanted to see what kind of #'s I could pull off and see what the best score to date was. It was more of a personal goal nothing to brag about seeing that's how some ppl took it...

I dont see me ever beating Terry's score soo hell I figured I could try and get atleast close to the highest db recorded with subs facing the back, I thought it would be a good accomplishment imo to get a 50+ with them facing back...

But being I really dont have a whole lot of funds and limited resources my goal is pretty much just a goal until I can get some stuff going to actually start to even get fairly loud...

But my main problem is I'm a sucker for my lowws soo idk what my plan is as of anymore...

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets